Water Safety

Modifies all water-placing items from mods to place water safely in a way that doesn't kill characters or creatures. Also has settings to add a basic waterfill item with recipe and to enable individual swimming (water walking).

Utilities
3 years ago
1.0 - 1.1
Environment

b [Irreproducible] Conflict with Krastorio 2

1 year, 11 months ago
(updated 1 year, 11 months ago)

Dear Fantasylord,

I have unfortunately encountered a problem with your mod. In a world with Krastorio 2 enabled, the item with the recipe for your waterfill item (cliff explosives + water barrels) results in a vanilla landfill item, necessitating adding another mod to create artificial bodies of water. I have tested this in worlds with Space Exploration and with your mod only, and I only see it happen with Krastorio 2, which implies to me a conflict between the two. If you could look into this matter, I would most appreciate it.

Let me just say that I love this mod. Every world I play has it installed for a couple reasons. First, it allows the player to swim without letting the biters do the same. This aligns well with my headcannon that the biters, between their relatively thin limbs, great weight, and the way they as insects may breathe, would not be able to swim at all. The fact that I came up with this after I discovered this mod and to justify this fact is beside the point. I also love that it adds a more expensive, and therefore more balanced, waterfill item to the game. Being able to use such a powerful tool with only water to craft it feels unfair to me.

If you don't find the time to fix this conflict, I have other solutions in mind, so please don't feel pressured to look into it right away. The Explosive Excavation mod looks like it will work well as a replacement until the problem is resolved.

Thank you for your time,

theuberninja262

1 year, 10 months ago

Update, Explosive Excavation conflicts with Space Exploration, so while it will work for my current world, it will not for the next one I have planned. Oh well.

1 year, 8 months ago

I can't reproduce the issue with the waterfill item: For me it works with only Krastorio 2 and with only Space Exploration (including dependencies). Even if both mods are enabled, the item still creates water. The problem might be caused by a specific combination of mods and/or settings.

The item isn't the focus of this mod anyway: There are quite a few mods which add waterfill items.

1 year, 6 months ago

Alright, thank you for your reply. I will work to figure out what the specific conflict is.

1 year, 6 months ago

You could try the Waterfill mod from Noxy: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Noxys_Waterfill. I use it myself in combination with my mod here. You can customize the recipe ingredients in that mod to whatever you want.

New response