Water As A Resource

Turns Water into a non infinite resource. Water bodies get removed and replaced by solid ground. Offshore Drains allow water & oil to be put back into these depleted areas. 0.8.0 - 1.1 Factorio Compatibility, Multiplayer Multiple Forces Update, Krastorio2 Support, Reworked MapMarkers

9 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

b [Fixed - 0.8.1] Crash with Missing Variable

3 years ago

63.277 Error MainLoop.cpp:1285: Exception at tick 17054957: The mod Water As A Resource (0.8.0) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event WaterAsAResource::on_tick (ID 0)
WaterAsAResource/control.lua:549: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'maxx' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
WaterAsAResource/control.lua:549: in function 'GetWaterArea'
WaterAsAResource/control.lua:295: in function 'CreateWaterArea'
WaterAsAResource/control.lua:152: in function 'GlobalWaterArea'
WaterAsAResource/control.lua:1693: in function 'ScanOffshores'
WaterAsAResource/control.lua:1789: in function <WaterAsAResource/control.lua:1785>

3 years ago

Hey,

Thanks for the report, know what this is.

I missed a few new variables in the update script, so I'll get that updated and a new version out.

Also amended the function that used to do this, so it's much simpler, and shouldn't get a error on position.

Not sure when it'll come out, as 3 weeks into being a dad, but I've already made the adjustments to the main function, just the update script to do.

3 years ago

Take your time, being a dad comes first. Trust me I have 10 years under my belt with three of them, haha.

3 years ago

Ha ha, sure are a great handful to have though!

Next release should only be round the corner now, fixed a fair few more issues, all to do with old version, should have done a bit more testing me thinks.

New response