Warp Drive Machine

You are in relative control of a spacecraft equipped with a warp drive that distorts the shape of the space-time continuum and may travel at speeds greater than that of light by many orders of magnitude. Jump from planet to planet and extract most resources you can to rebuild you ship. Each planet is unique with its own challenges, and you can stay limited time on it, until spaceship warps toward another world.

Overhaul
2 days ago

i Balancing seems off / grinding

7 months ago
(updated 7 months ago)

After spending 15h in a game with this mod, it's very nicely though and lots of good ideas but I find the balancing off.
I played warptorio, but the grind is much more repetitive here.

You need more ressources than warptorio because warpdrive building are very expensive (thinking of warp pipes/chests and floor) and there is not a lot of option to help (few productivity bonus for mining here and there) but I spent lots of wrap setting up mining, waiting for the autowrap, get back everything and jump.

There is some better options for resources but they are locked behind warponium. And warponium feel to hard to find when starting. You need to find a cavern entrance, which can be difficult to spot and nothing tell you if there is one or not on the surface, so you can spend looooot of time searching for it, even more because of alien biomes slowing down you when moving. There is a tech to find them against resources, but it's consume warponium ><
And even if you find the entrance, finding warponium in the cavern is hard. You can spawn next to huge nests, there is really a lot of rocks to destroy and you don't know again if you will find any (while your turrets are using your precious bullets to defend your spaceship).

Here is some personal suggestion after my small experience.
I would suggest reduce resources needs either:
- boost mining productivity more
- makes the warp resource sucker earlier in the tech tree (would counterbalance some grind with more novelty)
- makes floor/warp building less expensive
- Makes the market more easy to use ? Being unpredictable and available very shortly prevent to really use it for quite a while

And for the warponium :
- don't gate finding the entrance behind warponium, you need to do already quite a number of research to reach it
- make the mining bonus bigger

I will stop playing the mod for now, but will clearly stay updated about the next versions, thanks for your work!

New response