Warp Drive Machine

You are in relative control of a spacecraft equipped with a warp drive that distorts the shape of the space-time continuum and may travel at speeds greater than that of light by many orders of magnitude. Jump from planet to planet and extract most resources you can to rebuild you ship. Each planet is unique with its own challenges, and you can stay limited time on it, until spaceship warps toward another world.

Overhaul
2 days ago

g Pirate attack

7 months ago

Just got attacked by my first pirate attack. Made a panic save when they first appeared on my planet surface. I've replayed it dozens of different ways, and they completely wipe me out every time. Are they supposed to be this overpowered?

To give an idea of my tech progression, I have blue science unlocked, but nothing to make it yet. I have modular armor that's empty. I have a rocket launcher and 30 rockets I bought at a space station as a "just in case" trade, and a couple hundred yellow bullets (which is all I've needed so far for biters).

I've tried warping away, but then a different pirate ship spawns minutes later and wipes me out anyway.

Is this the end of the run?

7 months ago

Dont your ship has some defenses ?
You have to destroy their terminal to your ship be able to warp out. Or, they will launch some attacks, until it stops, or steal enough resources from your terminal. And then you warp normally after some time
If you cant defend this anyway, its not the end... in the worst case, get most things you can, hide inside another floor and let then steal some coins and move over.

7 months ago

Dont your ship has some defenses ?

I had a perimeter of about 30-40 gun turrets shooting yellow bullets. But the pirates out ranged my gun turrets. They were shooting rocket propelled cluster grenades, lasers, something looking like tesla guns, and other weapons better than mine.

You have to destroy their terminal to your ship be able to warp out.

When I'd warp off the planet, 60 seconds later another pirate ship would attach me in space. If I'd then survive long enough to warp to another planet, a minute later pirates would attack again.

Or, they will launch some attacks, until it stops, or steal enough resources from your terminal. And then you warp normally after some time
If you cant defend this anyway, its not the end... in the worst case, get most things you can, hide inside another floor and let then steal some coins and move over.

This ended up working though. I was so focused on killing them or defending I didn't try just hiding. I was able to gather half my top level stuff and hide on my second level while they destroyed the rest of the top level, then stole resources. I was finally able to warp to space, but a minute later pirates attacked in space. They took resources for a long long while until I was out of basic resources and plates, then they left and I could warp again and rebuild.

It was kinda rough, but I'm keeping on. Thanks for the advice.

5 months ago

I played this mod over 100h now and have a lot of fun. For balancing, i created a mod to add turrets with the same range like the sniper pirates. It's much easier now, i tried to find the right balance. Maybe you want to try it. It's called "Special Turrets"
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/turret3000

New response