Warp Drive Machine

You are in relative control of a spacecraft equipped with a warp drive that distorts the shape of the space-time continuum and may travel at speeds greater than that of light by many orders of magnitude. Jump from planet to planet and extract most resources you can to rebuild you ship. Each planet is unique with its own challenges, and you can stay limited time on it, until spaceship warps toward another world.

Overhaul
2 days ago

g Trees? and others

8 months ago

I just gave this a try for an hour since it seems similar to Warptorio, which i like.

1. After 10 Warps i never saw a single tree. Every Planet is a desert.
    Thats not only a problem because no chests. I cant build more than 2 powerpoles
    which means i cant use electric miners unless the Ship lands right on a field.

2. 2 of the Jumps landed my on something that wasnt a planet.
    1 was something that seems to be an Asteroid with a sharp edge into space called Salvuris eremus.
    The other was just Black with some blocky water at the edge of vision.

3. The soundeffect of the drive spooling up is driving me crazy.

4. The 1 minute interlude in space might have been well meant but its simply obnoxious.

5. The Planet and Ship infopanels closing every jump is annoying.
    I also want to be able to have these 2 Vertical not Horizontal and they need hotkeys for open and close.

6. The List of known Planets can only be closed with the mouse.

7. "Create Log" cannot be canceled or closed out of.

After a while i made extensive use of the Speed mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/timeSpeed
to get through Space and other timers faster.

8 months ago
  1. check your alien biomes mod settings and restore them all to defaults.
    Thanks for sharing the others thoughts
8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

same here ; even scrolling the tree ressource to maximum has no effect
i wonder why remove al vegetarian in alien biomes was set by warp drive machine because this make the tress disappear

8 months ago

it has nothing to do with this mod.
I'm playing and all trees are there... have you been playing nullius ?

8 months ago

Yes, i have. A bit over a week ago.

8 months ago

Só thats what I tell you guys. Just reset your mod settings to default and the trees are back. Nullius removes trees on alien biomes.

8 months ago

The repair of the console seems exessively expensive. 270 Packs alone is as much Iron than an entire early game base.
Not a fan of having to spend the first dozen warps just to be able to play the game afterwards.

I dont understand the extreme limitation for what can be placed where.
Working with a handful of smelters instead of putting down a row outside the ship right after warp does not feel good.

I would like an option to turn of the turret timer.

I have reseached the first Warp Drive update and "Expand Spaceship floor 0".
The yellow boudary increased but the floor itself didnt. Im still limited to the small starting ship.
It took me far to long to realize that the floor tiles are behind steel smelting.
I hate this obsession of putting things behind the tech they require instead of the tech that make sense.
The tech for the tiles should be behind either "Warp Drive update" or "Expand Spaceship floor 0".

New response