Warp Drive Machine

You are in relative control of a spacecraft equipped with a warp drive that distorts the shape of the space-time continuum and may travel at speeds greater than that of light by many orders of magnitude. Jump from planet to planet and extract most resources you can to rebuild you ship. Each planet is unique with its own challenges, and you can stay limited time on it, until spaceship warps toward another world.

Overhaul
2 days ago

i Feedback - Early Game -> Midgame

9 months ago
(updated 9 months ago)

Hey,
first of all, great mod - I loved Warptorio and really enjoying this one.
The concepts with floors and using some of the SE assets are really nice.

I am ~10h in, and not super far yet, close to Blue Science but I gathered some feedback which I think would make the experience a bit smoother.

• This mod, without a bot starter and/or far reach is basically not playable. So I would make it part of it as a dependency. Warptorio solves it with research for more reach. And with mining outposts - they literally have one button dissemble.
    Here if you need to dissemble your mining outpost by hand or collect everything, you literally go crazy without bots.

• The Refinery Floor costs seem super inflated - My ship is at a stage where there basically is no room left to upkeep - Oil -> Solid fuel-powered Steam engines, Red/Green/Black Science, smelting and defenses to survive 5-10mins depending on the planent - then asking to cramp in Refined Concrete for the floor is brutal.
    Maybe Refined Concrete becomes the Stone Brick replacement for future floors (I haven't checked all recipes) but still, it's tough.

• Since biters with all recommended additional mods, are no cakewalk in this mod - managing outposts in this mod really is not fun - even with bots. Until I unlock the remote power transmitter, which would make it maybe 1% less cumbersome, the problem is placing/dissembling the outposts and miners/pumpjacks.
    What makes it worse is that sometimes it randomly starts to port you and you don't even have time to react and get everything. What I did, and people just will do, I suppose, is load an older autosave and start dissembling - so it's really not a challenge it's just annoying to deal with.

• Some research dependencies are not correct - for example, floors require Steel, but I don't need to research Steel before I can build the floors.

Overall, the progression, solving the problems and hand-feeding the Boilers, struggling with Coal and then being able to automate Solid Fuel with Oil felt overall really good, but it feels like I start to hit a wall now - and mostly if I would need to name one thing is the Outpost handling - it's just too annoying.
Warptorio solved this way better, and it was fun there since you could just port away, and the outpost followed.
Maybe just copy this concept and create mining floors on the spaceship.

Anyway, keep it up, looking forward to what's coming :)

9 months ago

Thanks for your feedback! Always good to know how engineers around the world are struggling on this weird machine =)
I'm also on midgame, and suffering a bit for resources and biters. Not building the refinery yet, so maybe I will have the same feelings you shared about space / costs. About thes space, the mod has options to change that mid game, so anyone can adjust for a desired challenge.
About the outposts, I'm not sure yet if there will be a specific tile for that, to make things like warptorio. The original idea is really using bots, maybe early, faster, bots and bigger miners (like the one from earendel). But that does not mean I may not change my mind. Nothing is 100% defined. Let me play a bit more for a decision.
The researches really need some work for proper dependencies.

9 months ago
(updated 9 months ago)
  • Oil is way too rare xD

New response