WaiTex deprecated

HD textures for the remaining vanilla items

Tweaks
4 years ago
0.13 - 0.18

g Any bugs, missing or bad textures? Report here

7 years ago

As the title says if you find anything problematic then please report it here.

7 years ago

Some friend's got problems loading Factorio with the exact same version(steam exp.) and mods(Yours and a couple more) folder that I use.
It first freezes at 44% and then crashes, blocking even win10 for a while.
On my PC it works just fine and once we exclude WaiTex it works at my friends aswell.

7 years ago

That's probably a problem with not enough vram. If you gpu can't hold all the textures then the game crashes. Your friend can try to lower vram useage in "options/graphics/video memory usage" by lowering that value.

7 years ago

Hi, I have a Geforce GTX 680 and at full zoom-out I'm only getting like 19 - 20 FPS, is this normal or do I just need a better card? The textures do look nice btw.

7 years ago

For some reason with this mod ( and I have been playing with LOTS of other mods for 100+ hours now...) when I create a new game my player character does not show up on the screen. Using the console to "spawn" a player character also does not work (though as expected it destroys my inventory and armor.. :/ ).

I would like to play with better textures if I can get this mod working (2GB AMD R270 video card)

Ideas to fix?
I saw you posted something about "delete your cropcache.dat in your factorio folder" but I was wondering if you could go into what that does a little more and if it will break saved games I'd like to keep playing before I trying something like that.

Thanks

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Hi, I have a Geforce GTX 680 and at full zoom-out I'm only getting like 19 - 20 FPS, is this normal or do I just need a better card? The textures do look nice btw.

Yeah that should be normal. WaiTex is quite demanding on the graphics card.

For some reason with this mod ( and I have been playing with LOTS of other mods for 100+ hours now...) when I create a new game my player character does not show up on the screen. Using the console to "spawn" a player character also does not work (though as expected it destroys my inventory and armor.. :/ ).

I would like to play with better textures if I can get this mod working (2GB AMD R270 video card)

Ideas to fix?
I saw you posted something about "delete your cropcache.dat in your factorio folder" but I was wondering if you could go into what that does a little more and if it will break saved games I'd like to keep playing before I trying something like that.

Thanks

Deleting cropcache.dat doesn't break the game or anything like that. cropcache.dat contains information about the textures which might be outdated. If the cropcache.dat is deleted the game will make a new one with updated information. Old data in cropcache.dat could be why the player doesn't show up.
If that's not the problem then i don't know how to fix it and you might consider making a bug report for the factorio developers here https://forums.factorio.com/viewforum.php?f=7

7 years ago

Hiya!

Just getting back into Factorio after a couple months away. I updated WaiTex and now, while "Cropping bitmaps," my game is throwing:

"Path WaiTexFull_/graphics/icons/rail-tanker.png not matching the resource path pattern: source/path"

Have I done a stupid? Thanks :)

7 years ago

Hi there, I am using the latest steam version of Factorio and have played a lot with mods. When i installed your mod almost all of my textures were broken, my menus were missing (could only see words), when in game the entire game world was black and i could not see ores or even objects that i placed down, i could only see trees and my character. After uninstalling, my game was back to normal, was wondering if you know what's going on?

thanks

7 years ago

Hi, Im getting the same error as purpleravenx11 as well, I do have the rail tanker mod loaded but neither that or Waitex have been updated recently so Im not sure what's going on here.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Hiya!

Just getting back into Factorio after a couple months away. I updated WaiTex and now, while "Cropping bitmaps," my game is throwing:

"Path WaiTexFull_/graphics/icons/rail-tanker.png not matching the resource path pattern: source/path"

Have I done a stupid? Thanks :)

Hi, Im getting the same error as purpleravenx11 as well, I do have the rail tanker mod loaded but neither that or Waitex have been updated recently so Im not sure what's going on here.

It looks like some mod is altering the name of the path. To fix it i need to full list of mods one of you are using.

I will assume the error is caused by this problem https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comments/5q1ve0/nvidia_drivers_37849_break_factorio_graphic/
A recent update to factorio(0.14.22) fixed the error.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

I have the same issue. It crashes on "Cropping Bitmaps"

This is the last entry in my log file: http://pastebin.com/R8eh4EPC

My mod list is: http://pastebin.com/AVFtg2Lr

7 years ago

I got the _WaiTexFull__/graphics/icons/rail-tanker error after installing the Logistic Train Network mod, which I see from Fastjur's list he does not have installed.

The only change I made to the game between stopping and launching Factorio was installing LTN.

7 years ago

Hi there, so I'm not 100% sure if this is a problem with this HD mod or not, but I did not notice it in the vanilla game. I only noticed it after I loaded up this mod..

So once every 5-10 seconds, I can see a blown up image of all the factorio textures (almost like a sheet of stickers) flicker in the background. It displays the texture "sheet" very quickly, perhaps 1 frame or something, but it gets very annoying after a while. At first it was only happening when I was zoomed pretty much all the way out, but now it happens even while zoomed it.

Has anyone else seen this too?

New response