Uncle Shred's unminable vehicles

Makes vehicles unminable or teleports players to spawn after mining/rotating a vehicle. Teleported players can't move until they are killed

3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

g Buggy with the mod Vehicle Wagon 2

4 years ago

Whenever a vehicle is unloaded off the vehicle wagon, it becomes minable again, so does the wagon itself.

4 years ago

Should be fixed from my side. The 0.18 version of Vehicle Wagon 2 doesn't seem to raise the proper event for the wagons though, so you might want to report that over there. (With my update the cars/tanks should stay unminable)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hey Choumiko, I just came across this thread. I did find that my Vehicle Wagon update was not raising any events when swapping loaded and unloaded wagons, and was not copying the minable property either. I had disabled the events for the wagon swapping so as not to interfere with my own code. Will it be enough to persist the minable property (which you can set when the player first builds it), or do you still need the events?

I'm also adding the minable property (and a bunch of other flags I missed) to the vehicle data that is saved and restored. I just spent a lot of time working on compatibility with Gizmo's Car Keys, which typically sets and clears the minable property when you "lock" a car, and now I wonder how this is going to interact. Have you ever tested interactions between this mod and Car Keys?

Another question, do you do anything special when robots are told to deconstruct track underneath unminable wagons? Or just let the user figure out that doesn't work?

3 years ago

Hey,
restoring/persisting the minable property should be enough i think.
Car keys should run fine, but without work on both sides will defeat the purpose of my mod.
It doesn't care if robots try to mine tracks under a wagon, eventually either the wagon moves or the user will notice the bots hovering forever ;)

3 years ago

Hi!

Car keys should run fine, but without work on both sides will defeat the purpose of my mod.

GCKI now respects your setting. If your mod sets vehicles to be unminable, I now keep "minable = false" on unlocking. This should be all the compatibility that's needed, right?

New response