Uncontrolled Chaos deprecated

Chaos so complex and entangled as to be almost impossible, yet still within reach.

Mod packs
2 years ago

g Cannot wait to play this mod. I'm getting a few mod errors though

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hi. Relatively casual player here. I've dabbled in Krastorio, SE, Nullius etc. Thoroughly enjoyed the complexity although never completed a playthrough.

I happed upon this mod while searching for a new complex mod and started installing Pyanodons. Looks incredible and can't wait to get my teeth sunk in.

I've received the following mod errors when opening the game. https://imgur.com/a/VFLOuiz

I've troubleshooted and deleted ALL mods from appdata and reinstalled ONLY Uncontrolled Chaos and dependencies, and I'm still receiving the same errors. The 2nd/3rd list of errors are I guess a result of choosing the "disable listed mods"

Not sure if this is relevant: when loading the game, it warns me that SE isn't installed. When checking the dependencies for SE, the only red mod is aai-industry

Any help would be appreciated!

Also, many thanks for all your effort in creating this mod. What a legend.

Also, I'll take this opportunity to turn this into a "first! :D" post as I'm the 5th download ^_^

2 years ago

Thanks! Currently, It's not a very stable version (really should put that as a beta) but there are quite a few things that don't work. The best version to start playing on would be 1.0.0, as that would be a full stable release.

2 years ago

Thanks so much for the quick response. Do you mean downgrade Factorio itself to 1.0.0? Sorry for being a n00b

I've just seen Controlled Chaos which doesn't give an error, so I'll try that first!

2 years ago

Thanks so much for the quick response. Do you mean downgrade Factorio itself to 1.0.0? Sorry for being a n00b

I've just seen Controlled Chaos which doesn't give an error, so I'll try that first! Edit: wait, damn, i'm still getting the SE error even though it is installed and no red dependencies

2 years ago

No, I mean wait until Uncontrolled Chaos is in a stable 1.0.0 version.

2 years ago

Ah, ok, thanks. Thanks again for all the efforts of the team - keep up the amazing work!

2 years ago

Another note, if mods do throw errors, then they are incompatible. It's not going to change if they are uninstalled or reinstalled, you would need to disable the listed mods or all of them. Incompatibilities happen sometimes, and it's up to the mod developers to fix them.

New response