Ultra Fast Inserters

by gmyx

A Faster collection of Stack and filter Inserters without any animations for lower CPU usage and movement speed. Now includes configurable inserters: move an item from any belt to any lane - over 5 belts! Moves items very fast.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics

b Have the inserters slowed?

5 years ago

Previously I used these to transfer items from trains to storage chests, and then loaders to transfer from the chests to belts. These transferred faster than the belts, letting me unload a train into a chest faster than the chest would be consumed.

As of today, they no longer do, though. The other Ultra Fast Inserter mod which only has the one inserter still transfer faster than a loader.

5 years ago

Yes and no. The default setting is now a stack size of 1, which for belt-to-belt transfer is faster. You can override it in the mod settings per player. I will probably change the default back in the next version or try to be more intelligent about it.

5 years ago

Thank you for the fast reply, that makes sense.

While I have you here, if you don't mind, what's the UPS impact on the configurable inserter? They are awfully handy, but I would like to be a little UPS conscious, and I don't know if there's scripting involved to change the output lane.

5 years ago

There are no active scripts involved, all the GUI does is change the native values of the inserters. So it very UPS friendly. Let me know if 5 belts/10 lanes is good or if more is needed. I rarely need more than 3, but then again I play with Angelmods or Bobmods.

5 years ago

That is amazing, thanks again!

New response