Ultimate Belts

by Tyarns

This mod adds an additional five tiers of belts to the game, beyond what is currently available from other mods. The fastest belt in this mod is equivalent to 6 express belts.

Content
1 year, 11 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Logistics

g Too Expensive in material cost?

6 months ago

TL:DR = I'm only talking about the gear requirement for these belts... this mod is simply too "expensive" to have the fastest belts. 2400 gears plus other additional raw materials (IE: Lubricant, level 1, 2, & 3 speed modules, iron plates, etc...) for 20 "Ultimate" belts (because you can't build only 1 belt segment)? This is only for the belts, no splitters, underground belts (which are more expensive), or loaders (separate mod required). You would have to have a rather large factory dedicated to gears to be able to crank out that much without loading additional mods.

Now, I will say first and foremost, I have been known to be wrong and I don't math very often so if I'm wrong, please let me know.

I love the thought if having extremely fast belts, splitters, UG belts, and loaders... within reason.

Why have so many different levels of the belt/UG belt/splitters each requiring gears? There are 3 initial sets in the game, Yellow, Red, and Blue.... blue being the fastest, with this mod, there are an additional 5 but to get the ultimate belt, but you need to have so many raw materials it's unbelievable....

Example: I have 4 Laboratory banks, each containing 16 labs for research (64 labs total). Finding the most reasonable belt path for each bank would require 1500 belt segments, 66 loaders, 16 Underground belts, and 11 splitters for a total of 428,338 gears, which doesn't include loaders.

Just to create these belts, I have the "Ultra Fast assembling machine" and "advanced furnaces 2" mod loaded with 6 "Hell Ovens" going full time and 2L-4C trains running constantly to bring iron ore just to keep up with the gear demand, and even then it's falling behind.

I understand that once they are made and in logistic storage it won't be as taxing to create them, however, getting to the point where you have a buffer without having to either wait for a factory until you have enough belts or wait for it to upgrade/build a piece at a time.

Do I need the "fastest" belts all the time? Not a chance, but what's the point of having a mod like this if you aren't going to use it?

Level 1:
Belt (first level):
1 gear required

Underground belt (this does create 2 UG belts, one entrance, one exit):
    5 Belts (5 gears)

Splitter:
    4 Belts (4 gears)

Total for 1 set of each: 10 gears

Level 2:
Fast Belt:
5 Gears base
1 belt = 1 gear
Total gears required: 6 gears

Underground Belt:
    Gears: 40
    UG Belt: 2 (5 gears)
    Total: 45 gears

Splitter:
    Gears: 10
    Level 1 splitter: 4
    Total gears required: 14

Level 3:
Blue Express (Level 3):
10 Gears base
1 fast belt = 5 gears
1 belt (to create the fast belt) = 1 gear
Total gear requirement for this recipe: 16 gears

Underground Belts:
    80 gears
    level 2 UG belt: 40
    level 1 UG belt: 5
    Total: 125

Splitter:
    10 Gears
    level 2 splitter: 14
    level 1 splitter: 4
    Total: 28

Total gear cost for 1 Express set: reasonable

Level 4 (Green Ultra Fast): From this point forward, everything referred to as "express" is going to include the first 3 tiers.
Belts:
10 gears base
2 Express belts = 16 gears each (Total 32) (from this point forward, when I say "express belts" it includes all lower belts for creation)
Total gear requirement: 42 gears

Underground Belts:
    Express: 2x80 = 160
    Total gear requirement: 200

Splitters:
    Express: 28
    Total gear requirement: 38

Total gear cost for 1 Ultra fast set: 280

Level 5 (Extreme Fast):
Belts:
10 gears base
1 Express belt = 16 gears
1 Ultra fast belt = 42 gears
Total gear required: 68

Underground Belts:
    Express: 80
    Ultra fast: 200
    Total gear requirement: 320

Splitter:
    Ultra Fast: 38
    Total gear requirement: 48

Total gear cost for 1 extreme fast set: 406

Level 6 (Ultra express):
Belts: Now we're getting into multiples of 20 for belts
200 gears base
20 Extreme fast belts = 68 gears * 20 belts for the required level 5 belts (20*68 = 1360 gears)
20 express belts = 320 gears
Total Gears required for this recipe: 200 + 1360 + 320 = 1880 (188 per belt)

Underground Belts:
    Extreme Fast: 320
    Total Gear Requirement: 440

Splitter:
    Extreme: 48
    Total gear requirment: 58

Total gear cost for 1 Ultra express set: 2378

Level 7 (Extreme Express):
Belts:
200 gears base
20 Ultra express belts = 1880
Total gear requirement for 20 extreme express belts: 2160 (216 per belt)

Underground Belts:
    Ultra Express: 440
    Total Gear requirement: 560

Splitter:
    Ultra Express: 58
    Total gear requirement: 68

Total gears for 1 set of Extreme Express components: 2788 gears

Level 8 (Ultimate belt):
Belts: Still in multiples of 20
200 Gears base
20 Extreme Express belts = 2160 gears
Total gear requirement for this recipe: 2400 gears (240 per belt segment)

Underground Belts:
    Extreme Express: 560
    Total gear requirement: 680

Splitter:
    Extreme Express: 68
    Total gear requirement: 78

Total gear cost for 1 set of Ultimate devices: 3158 gears (998 gears if you could only craft 1 belt segment)

Then there are the loaders... 5 levels of loaders with an ADDITIONAL 5 levels of loaders for filtering items which I will not do the math for right now... I understand the loaders are not part of this MOD as they are the "Miniloader" mod, but what is the point of having this mod with the "ultimate belts" if you're not going to use the "ultimate miniloader" and let everything stack up on the end of the belt waiting for an inserter to load it, this is absolutely obsurd to require this much raw material.

New response