Ultimate Belts

by Tyarns

This mod adds an additional five tiers of belts to the game, beyond what is currently available from other mods. The fastest belt in this mod is equivalent to 6 express belts.

Content
1 year, 11 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Logistics

g Max possible single belt 0.17 throughput = 120/s?

5 years ago

...so I've been trying all different types of sideloading, inserter loading, splitters, miniloaders, etc. It appears that it is not physically possible to get >120/s onto or off of a single belt in 0.17. Is this the case or am I missing something? Asking because this limitation seems to negate 3 of the 5 tiers of Ultimate Belts.

5 years ago

You are right, the maximum possible speed to get is 120/s based on the new belt mechanics. I've tested it. I did manage to get a higher output using splitters and inserters but it's been a while. If you want higher speeds to be supported better please request it from the devs!! This is a Factorio limitation, it is impossible for me to implement extremely fast belts that function correctly right now unless anyone has some really creative ideas as to how it can be done

5 years ago

I'm rather sad about it because it worked so well in 0.15. And then the devs nerfed high-speed belts :(
All that is needed is for belts to be able to move multiple items across belt sections each tick, instead of the current limitation of 1 per lane. I have no idea what kind of performance impact this would have. There may be a way for me to do this myself using LUA, but I'm not very skilled with LUA so I'm not sure how to do it. I've left the faster belts in because I do want to figure out some way to make them work properly

New response