Ultimate Belts

by Tyarns

This mod adds an additional five tiers of belts to the game, beyond what is currently available from other mods. The fastest belt in this mod is equivalent to 6 express belts.

Content
1 year, 11 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Logistics

i please add loaders to your mod because your belts are far more faster than standart and bobs ones.

6 years ago

please add loaders to your mod because your belts are far more faster than standart and bobs ones.

6 years ago

This please.

6 years ago

Loaders are coming :) The biggest thing I need to finish is the graphics

6 years ago

Maybe work with author of Miniloaders to make both mods compatible?

6 years ago

Yea, I thought I was the only one - literally blowing past my loaders ;)

6 years ago

Loaders are coming :) The biggest thing I need to finish is the graphics
is there any ETA ?

6 years ago

Honestly I've tried a few modifications to the graphics of Loader Redux, but I haven't made anything that actually matches the darker theme of Ultimate Belts and looks good. So no ETA :( but if anyone wants to help with the graphics I would appreciate it a lot, since I'm not very skilled when it comes to graphics

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I've been using gimp to edit the png files in loader redux, and have considered making new models instead. I've never used blender though, so that would be a challenge for me too. The lua/coding part of adding loaders is rather simple (at least for loaders with speeds up to 120 items/second)

6 years ago

I'm the author of Miniloader, and the most recent version adds beta support for Ultimate Belts. Unfortunately Factorio's inserters don't appear to be able to keep up with belts this fast, so I cannot provide full belt throughput in all cases. Enjoy!

6 years ago

any news?

6 years ago

Yes, if you want loaders you should install mini-loaders! :) Thanks much to therax for adding support for Ultimate Belts! Note that they are still BETA! But they can be used, and are the fastest loaders currently available https://mods.factorio.com/mod/miniloader

As far as loader redux, I have not added support because I haven't finished graphics work yet. Its rather time consuming and I'm not exactly sure what I want as far as graphics goes. So if you want loaders now, I recommend downloading mini-loaders

6 years ago

@Tyarns, any updates on loaders now that 0.16 is out??

6 years ago

Mini-loaders are effective at up to 120 items/s, and sometimes effective at higher speeds. I have thought about making a custom loader that can handle 240 items/s without fail. It won't be very UPS friendly if I do, because of the amount of lua required. Its also a bit daunting of a challenge for me, since I'm no lua expert

New response