UPS Friendly Nixie Tube Display

Fork of Santa's Nixie Tubes. Adds options to make it more UPS friendly.

Utilities
7 months ago
Circuit network

g Immense lag upon blueprint placing

1 year, 2 months ago

Hey,

I just downloaded your version of the Nixie tube mods. Firstly I'd like to congratulate you the effort, UPS friendly version is truly UPS friendly.

There I have to point out one giga-flaw that went under the radar. Since I installed the mod I had TERRIBLE lags whenever I placed any blueprint. No matter the size. Big ones could freeze the game even for couple minutes. I checked, disabled the mod. The problem was gone.

I am programmer myself and I decompressed source files. I fixed the issue, the problem is - you commented out the debugger function content... but not the dump(o) function contents. The dump function is recursive and is being called on every single ghost placemend during blueprint placing process. The result is gigantic callstack that occurs every single time you place a ghost in the game.

If you want some details and proof please contact me, I can provide you the video proof / stream of it.

Cheers!

1 year, 2 months ago

Ooh. Good catch! I'll implement that. I believe you. :)

1 year, 2 months ago

Just uploaded the fix. The real problem was that the debuggers should have been inside that "end", which would have made them only fire on nixie entities, rather than everything. But I commented them out entirely anyway.

1 year, 2 months ago

No worries, glad that I found it and could test it out :)

Now the mod feels actually complete!

New response