Turtling

by DemonX3

This planet is aggressive, construct a bunker to protect yourself and the factory.

Content
2 years ago
Combat

i optimise for death worlds?

2 years ago

this mod is great, however it is not practical to use in death worlds as the bunkers basically die so easily from big inital attacks and it is not worth obtaining in the first 2 minutes before initial contact with the enemy due to the copper requirement and low health. Granted the copper requirement is doable, because its health is so low it isn't worth rushing over wooden walls for defence and by the time basic turrets are setup with walls this is never needed.

suggest making the bunker feel much more tankier with a 3-4x in health on both variants so it can be a nice safe haven, modify wooden version to only cost wood but maybe more wood for balance so it is rather costly on wood and not worth making a wall of them. (i.e 50-60 wood?)

if any of this maybe contradicts design decisions, making all the health and costs modifable via startup param's would allow someone to tweak to the specific gameplay feel without effecting others.

2 years ago

Hmm, while I understand your point about deathworlds, I wasn't making the mod with them in mind. But I think I can try making a config and some adjustments(not so big as you described though), that is true

2 years ago

Thanks!

Yeah I guess for context at the start it's about 20 od biters hitting the bunker and it dies really fast because of its big surface area to allow all to hit. If the repo is on GitHub and you needed any help, happy to help / raise a PR

2 years ago

I have updated the mod, you can take a look in changelog and updated screenshots.

2 years ago

feels good thanks a bunch!! can last a somewhat reasonable time against early biters to make the investment worth it and can buff the health myself for playthroughs if it feels just not enough with crazy death world settings which is great.

only side note remaining that doesn't matter to me but maybe something to think about. Is that it has an insanely large storage capacity so others may use it as a chest which isn't it's intended purpose. Thanks for the quick turnaround time, appreciate it!

2 years ago

I actually intended the bunkers having decent storage capacity, but perhaps I will nerf it, that is true.

This thread has been locked.