True Nukes

Adds realistic nuclear blasts, and more nuclear options, including various scales of atomic artillery shell, as well as atomic cannon shells. Also adds thermobaric weapons (these are like fuel air bombs), which act as early game nukes. Simulates the blast wave, thermal impact, crater and fireball of nuclear weapons.

Content
5 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

g [Answered] Curious about the intent behind magazine ammo

10 months ago

Just wanted to know what the idea behind them was, since most of the time you try to use those you will end up killing yourself in the process, or were they meant to be used with mods that add longer range weapons ?

10 months ago
(updated 10 months ago)

They are added for a few reasons.
The first is for shield heavy power armor (particularly shield focused, and especially on modded armor), and firing them at extreme range, which does permit survival (particularly of the 0.1t), and deals with behemoths very effectively, and can be a compliment to bigger weapons.
The second is for vehicles (particularly modded vehicles), which can have long range machine guns, high health, equipment grids, etc. and can allow use of the rounds as a secondary weapon (with e.g. rockets as a primary, and lasers as a close quarters defense).
I've found them generally relatively survivable, though far more risky than other weapons, provided you consistently fire them at long range, and single-shot them.
The most dangerous weapons added are the shotgun shells, which are just there for completeness, and because it's funny sometimes to fire a huge barrage of small nukes.
I generally try and give the player lots of choices, and let them work out which ones are bad choices, particularly as with mods (like additional power armor, sniper rifles, or vehicle weapons) some of these options become way more useful than they would have.
I generally play with aircraft enabled, and the nuclear rounds are often pretty good in those (though still wildly dangerous).

10 months ago

Honestly I completely forgot vehicle weapons were a thing since I only ever used them a few times, and personally I think "because it's funny" is always a very good reason to add something, thanks for that insight!

10 months ago

Honestly I completely forgot vehicle weapons were a thing since I only ever used them a few times, and personally I think "because it's funny" is always a very good reason to add something, thanks for that insight!

10 months ago

No problem.
It's the same reason the 1kt hand grenades and 5Mt land mines exist.

New response