True Nukes

Adds realistic nuclear blasts, and more nuclear options, including various scales of atomic artillery shell, as well as atomic cannon shells. Also adds thermobaric weapons (these are like fuel air bombs), which act as early game nukes. Simulates the blast wave, thermal impact, crater and fireball of nuclear weapons.

Content
5 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

g How to tweak thermal radius?

11 months ago

Hello, first of all: fantastic mod. I was wondering how to tweak the radius of the thermal damage though? I tried changing values in data-nuke-explosions.lua but they didn't affect it. Can you give me some pointers?

I'd like to tweak it so the thermal damage radius cuts off way sooner, maybe after ~2x the fireball radius. Not realistic in the slightest, I know, but right now even a 500 ton nuke doesn't take out that many biter nests, yet it damages buildings by like 10 hitpoints ridiculously far out, and my bots get all bugged out trying to repair everything. That makes the nukes awesome but too impractical to actually use.

11 months ago

If you're prepared to change the source files, there should be two lines you need to change, both in control.lua:

local mult = 25
local thermal_mult = 30

Those should give the multiple of the fireball radius that the blast (mult) and thermal (thermal_mult) are simulated to.
Changing them to e.g. 2 should work

11 months ago

That's perfect, thanks a lot mate!

I agree that the default thermal radius is way too large, pretty annoying to use a nuke far from your base and ending up with thousands of entities needing like 3 points of damage each to be repaired.

11 months ago

OK, I might add a setting at some point to resolve this, reducing the multipliers to 7 or so, which would stop damaging when max damage <400, so should kill assembly machines throughout the simulated range.

10 months ago

I've made it so the current "scaledown" settings can be made way larger, though that only applies to larger nukes than the 500t.

New response