True Nukes

Adds realistic nuclear blasts, and more nuclear options, including various scales of atomic artillery shell, as well as atomic cannon shells. Also adds thermobaric weapons (these are like fuel air bombs), which act as early game nukes. Simulates the blast wave, thermal impact, crater and fireball of nuclear weapons.

Content
5 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

b [Not a bug] Incompatible with Alien Biomes

1 year, 2 months ago

Factorio does not load on my computer because it says that the "nuclear crater" has been removed from Alien Biomes. I have installed both Alien Biomes and its high-res variant. Can this be fixed?

1 year, 2 months ago
(updated 1 year, 2 months ago)

Ah, I'll look into this asap.
Thanks for the report.

1 year, 2 months ago

OK, I've loaded the mods up, and I don't have any issues.
Are you using any other mods - particularly mods like dectorio or asphalt roads?

1 year, 2 months ago

Oh yes, I do use Dectorio too (and like 200 other mods) Sorry if I confused you with this error message. But why should be there any problems with Dectorio?
If you want, I could load the game with different mod combinations to detect the specific problem mods.

1 year, 2 months ago

OK, that explains it.
Factorio has a limit of 256 (or 255 I can't remember) different types of tile, and Dectorio and Alien Biomes add so many tiles, that the game runs out, or gets very close.
True Nukes adds like 6 types of tile, but that can sometimes push the game over the edge - other times the crash is already there, and True Nukes is just the first one to complain.
Alien Biomes, and I think Dectorio, as well as other mods which add lots of tiles, often have options to reduce the number of tiles they add, in order to mitigate this.
An earlier version of True Nukes (2.13) has such an option, but True Nukes bases all the crater filling stuff on the new tiles, so the option no longer exists.

1 year, 2 months ago

Thank you, there are options like this indeed! Now it's working! ^^

1 year, 2 months ago

Awesome!

New response