True Nukes

Adds realistic nuclear blasts, and more nuclear options, including various scales of atomic artillery shell, as well as atomic cannon shells. Also adds thermobaric weapons (these are like fuel air bombs), which act as early game nukes. Simulates the blast wave, thermal impact, crater and fireball of nuclear weapons.

Content
5 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

g [Bug - fixed] Cheat mode?

1 year, 5 months ago

Today i put my first nuke in a testing facility. After exploding a chat message appeared, that cheat mode was detected and achievements are disabled. The description page does not say anything about a cheat mode and the chat message also does not explain what caused it. Two things i could image what triggered it:
- I used a timed inserter to insert the nuke in the testing facility because i didn't know how much time i have to run away
- I looked at the explosion with the nav view from space exploration, which is to my knowledge a hacked sandbox mode.
So what caused it?

1 year, 5 months ago
(updated 1 year, 5 months ago)

The message should appear if and only if you were using the infinite item craft mode, but yeah, its very possible that the space exploration thing would cause it...

1 year, 5 months ago

I've hacked it quickly so that it won't disable achievements for SE. (The block was only really there to prevent people getting them in sandbox mode by accident - its really easy to cheese anyway).

1 year, 5 months ago

Thanks for the quick update. I can confirm that it works now. Got the Achievement for the 15kt test. But holy hell was I not prepared for this. That shock wave went over 90% off my base. Only the north west border went undamaged.
I really like how the ocean slowly flows back into the crater. I watched it for probably 20 minutes or so until it was fully filled back in. And during that time my bots still not managed to repair everything.

1 year, 5 months ago

Haha, that sounds pretty familiar, glad you like it!

1 year, 5 months ago

Since i was a bit too much bothered by that hack, i delved a bit through the space exploration code and found two functions on how SE keeps track of it:

function RemoteView.is_active (player)
  return get_make_playerdata(player).remote_view_active == true
end

---Gets PlayerData table for a given player or creates an empty one if it doesn't exist
---@param player LuaPlayer
---@return PlayerData
function get_make_playerdata(player)
  global.playerdata = global.playerdata or {}
  global.playerdata[player.index] = global.playerdata[player.index] or {}
  return global.playerdata[player.index]
end

But sadly nothing of this seems to be accessible outside of SE. At least all of my three tries ended in an exception. I just leave it here in case you know how to properly use it.

1 year, 5 months ago

I'll have a look into it at some point, but I'm not all that bothered, as I was a bit so-so about adding the protections anyway, as I don't really mind people 'breaking' the achievements, it was only there to prevent accidentally getting them and losing the excitement of getting them in a real game, and honestly just gating it on 'more than 1 hour of game time' would do most of that anyway...

New response