True Nukes

Adds realistic nuclear blasts, and more nuclear options, including various scales of atomic artillery shell, as well as atomic cannon shells. Also adds thermobaric weapons (these are like fuel air bombs), which act as early game nukes. Simulates the blast wave, thermal impact, crater and fireball of nuclear weapons.

Content
5 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

i [Possible future change] The original system was better

1 year, 6 months ago

In my opinion the original crafting recipes were better (no offence). The warhead based system is all good but it would be really nice to have the original one as well. Maybe a setting or just another mod.

1 year, 6 months ago
(updated 1 year, 6 months ago)

Sorry, I kinda guessed that some people wouldn't like the change, but the internals of the old system were a nightmare, and it was really hard to add support for other mods.
Out of interest, what is it that you don't like about the new system?
Oh, also, anyone else who doesn't like the new system, feel free to comment why...

1 year, 6 months ago

I liked the old system because of it's simplicity. Only one assembler can make an entire nuke meaning that you don't need multiple assemblers.
Also in my case I would mainly only need it support Space Exploration. hope that makes sense.

1 year, 6 months ago

So to make the new system work for you you'd want a mode to combine the warhead/weapon assembly into one?

1 year, 6 months ago

Basically yes. The old system had that. Also the inventory is a bit cluttered by having multiple items for 1 type of nuke. Here's how I liked it https://imgur.com/a/w9LCiQY

1 year, 6 months ago

Multiple items for one type of nuke?

1 year, 6 months ago

1t warhead and rocket for a nuke. the old system had just some items to make the nuke.
I should have written 2 instead of multiple. sorry

1 year, 6 months ago

Oh yeah, that's what you meant. I understand that completely, and I might do something to address it at some point, however I'm gonna be super busy for a while now, and I don't want to do another entire set of changes/bugfixes at the same time as everything else.
I'll put it as an issue on GitHub (here: https://github.com/More-Wrong/Factorio-True-Nukes/issues/14), as a reminder to myself, but it will probably be a while (like several months) before I really address it. Until then the 0.2.13 should remain fairly stable, so you can use the old version.

It shouldn't be a huge fix, although it will certainly need a lot of cross mod testing and introduce loads of weird edge cases, hence my reluctance.
My specific reasoning for the change was that if you have a lot of weapon types, the number of warhead types isn't a huge factor, and the ability to swap from one weapon to another is a significant advantage, but I do appreciate that it can be kinda bloatful in vanilla.

1 year, 6 months ago

Thanks for the answers. Might try your challenge sometime :D

1 year, 6 months ago
(updated 1 year, 6 months ago)

Haha, I guess the new challenge should be getting all the achievements, but yeah...
I think my numbers for the challenge are a bit off, what with the neutron reflectors etc. but it's still the right order.

New response