True Nukes

Adds realistic nuclear blasts, and more nuclear options, including various scales of atomic artillery shell, as well as atomic cannon shells. Also adds thermobaric weapons (these are like fuel air bombs), which act as early game nukes. Simulates the blast wave, thermal impact, crater and fireball of nuclear weapons.

Content
5 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

b [Fixed] Research incompat with Nuclear Fuel mod

1 year, 6 months ago
(updated 1 year, 6 months ago)

There seems to be a compatibility issue with the mod Nuclear Fuel. With that mod enabled, it is not possible to research the techs Californium Processing and Large Atomic Weapons. The tech tree visually shows that all prerequisites are researched, but the start research button is still greyed out. I suspect it's because those techs are still checking for Kovarex as a prereq even though that tech is removed (renamed?), though I haven't dived into files to check. Californium and Large Atomics do (presumably correctly) show Nuclear Fuel's Plutonium Breeding as a prereq.

E: It could also partly be my save being really old, but the behaviour persists even in a new save made via map editor to get all prereq researches.

1 year, 6 months ago

Hi,
I'll have a look.

1 year, 6 months ago

Yeah, you're entirely right, the game still knows about the technology internally, but doesn't show it.
I'm gonna have to check all the other mods, and see if they do the same - I didn't notice because going in sandbox and clicking 'research all' gives you kovarex, as if it had always been there.

1 year, 6 months ago

The latest version should fix it (including for apm, where this was also an issue).

1 year, 6 months ago

Just tested it, for me Californium is working properly now but Large Atomics is still not. I also noticed that the Atomic Bomb research (the first test one) is no longer a prereq of either, so that's probably related.

1 year, 6 months ago

Yeah, I worked out what happened there. Try the latest version

1 year, 6 months ago

Everything looks like it's working properly on my end. Thank you!

1 year, 6 months ago

Awesome!

New response