True Nukes

Adds realistic nuclear blasts, and more nuclear options, including various scales of atomic artillery shell, as well as atomic cannon shells. Also adds thermobaric weapons (these are like fuel air bombs), which act as early game nukes. Simulates the blast wave, thermal impact, crater and fireball of nuclear weapons.

Content
5 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

g [Implemented] Resources still get destroyed by crater

1 year, 6 months ago

Hello, i just came back to factorio and discovered your mod, might want to have it for my next campaign.

I tried it with several settings, had just my power armour mod enabled aside yours but the nukes (nuclear rocket 20T, long range) still produces a impassable crater which destroys ressources. I read in an earlier thread, that you enabled an option to stop ressources destruction at all?
I unticked the destroy resources in crater check, but it still happens.
Is that intended or do i hve to do something else to stop resources getting destroyed/craters appearing?
Thanks

1 year, 6 months ago

The impassable crater is intentional, but destroying the resources is not...
What size of nuke did you detonate?

1 year, 6 months ago

Hello,
I tried it with several nukes. It happened with all long range rocket nukes of 20T upwards. It happened with the shotgun ammo. Also with the 20T artillery shell, and everyhting larger. (I would say probably everything but i didnt test the MG ammo or grenades).

Just to emphasize, i could disable the huge fireball deleting resources in the huge area of impact of the nukes. I could not disable resources getting destroyedby the black crater though. (To my understanding i have to later mine/deconstruct the wall of the crater and landfill it)

Like the one post 1 year ago with the same issue, i wanted to start a big base with max enemies (never played wih such mods and have never gotten into ultralategame) and thought lots of nukes (i like your nukes) would be a really nice way to remove the biters and the enriching and tritium seem like a fun challenge aswell.
It can of course be, that thr mistake lies with me,but your checkbox to leave resources unharmed did not work for me.
I will try it again in 8 hours, reinstalling the mod etc, running it on vanilla.

1 year, 6 months ago
(updated 1 year, 6 months ago)

[Deleted post due to duplication]

1 year, 6 months ago

I changed the mod so it wouldn't destroy resources in the fireball anyway, but from my memory of it, the resources 'collide' with the tiles the crater wall is made of, so I think I can't do anything to leave resources untouched.
I would do some tests and try and sort this out, but I don't have immediate access to my computer, and might not for another day or so - I'm also super busy anyway.

1 year, 6 months ago

That is all right. I would like to have it of course if thats possible.
While it may go against the initial concept of your mod, i thought an easy solution would be for an option to just disable the crater behaviour entirely? (i dont know if it is that simple, but if i knew what to delete maybe i could delete the lines just for me?)
Anyways, thanks for your reply, i will probably test out some more mods and wait in sandbox before starting my campaign then.

1 year, 6 months ago

I did have an old crater behaviour in 0.2.13 which wouldn't destroy the resources at all, but it was removed as it required me to maintain 2 separate systems, and I personally didn't care for the old one at all.
If you want entirely resource preserving behavior then installing version 0.2.13 and switching it to old crater system (with water filling disabled as well) would give you this - but I'm not going to maintain it anymore, you'll lose a lot of compatibility, etc.

1 year, 6 months ago

That sounded great but then I hope i dont loose too much content or stability.

Is a checkbox as described earlier, that just disables craters entirely comparatively easy to implement? As opposed to bringing back and maintaining an old system in paralelel?

1 year, 6 months ago
(updated 1 year, 6 months ago)

In theory the 0.2.13 should be pretty stable, (maybe more so than 0.3.0 for now, although 0.3 is getting more stable).
I'll add the setting, although I don't want to do any massive changes right now, as I am going to be busy for the next few weeks.

1 year, 6 months ago

Try the latest version - its a map setting.

1 year, 6 months ago

Hello, i just reinstalled the mod (via factorios mod manager).
Now at the bottom the option to disable craters appeared, it was not there before, and it WORKS.

I dont know if i had downloaded an older version through factorio (or wether that is even possible), but now the option is there and all is good.
Did you change anything at all?

1 year, 6 months ago

I made a new version - 0.3.10

1 year, 6 months ago

Thank you, your fast action and care for the community is really commendable.

New response