True Nukes

Adds realistic nuclear blasts, and more nuclear options, including various scales of atomic artillery shell, as well as atomic cannon shells. Also adds thermobaric weapons (these are like fuel air bombs), which act as early game nukes. Simulates the blast wave, thermal impact, crater and fireball of nuclear weapons.

Content
5 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

g [Thanks!] Awesome Mod

1 year, 7 months ago

This is amazing mod, thank you!

True Nukes manages to strike the balance between destructive power, cost and game difficulty. Powerful nukes are expensive and come pretty late. Early stuff does not affect balance much, since we can play with turrets or lasers to the same effect instead.

The explosions look beautiful and the destruction is extremely satisfying. I gotta say runnning around with 20t nukes in a rocket launcher is very very fun.
The mechanic of having nuclear tests is really cool and gives the feel of accomplishment. Esp when I did the first test in the middle of my base the first time, and could not respawn at all. :D

1 year, 7 months ago

Thank you so much!
It's always really nice to hear that people are enjoying the mod, and it's a huge motivator to make it bigger, better, etc.

1 year, 6 months ago

After playing some more I can say that nothing above 1kt is practical for anything in the game. Way too powerful. This is how nukes should be!
Using 15kt artillery for example is completely crazy. This just is just destroying my own base every time.

1 year, 6 months ago

Haha, thanks!
I have found the 15kt useful when trying to clear super large remote areas in the super late game, but it is pretty specific...

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

Chimming in to say, that I'm also impressed by the sheer power of these little boys! Great work. One thing which I would like to know guys is how you are using the mines? I don't think I can drop it somewhere and run away fast enough, bugs will stop chasing or the player will evaporate too.

P.S. Omg, after my 1st 500t test, half the fish is dead in the ocean. How I can heal them?!

1 year, 4 months ago

P.S. Open the console ~, type these two commands

/c found = game.player.surface.find_entities_filtered{type="fish"}
/c for _,e in pairs (found) do e.health = 20 end

Save the fish!

P.S. /c for _,e in pairs (game.player.surface.find_entities_filtered {name = game.player.selected.name}) do e.health = e.prototype.max_health end
is even better, mouse hover and run it heals it. Save the rocks too!

1 year, 4 months ago

I generally intended the mines to be used as either a last line of defence (a really sparse arrangement of them placed behind your main walls, but well away from your actual base), or to blockade any areas you know biters might come through, as they can be set well in advance.

Fish should slowly heal (I think) and respawn.

1 year, 4 months ago

I generally intended the mines to be used as either a last line of defence (a really sparse arrangement of them placed behind your main walls, but well away from your actual base), or to blockade any areas you know biters might come through, as they can be set well in advance.

Fish should slowly heal (I think) and respawn.

I'm not sure what kind of "last" line of defence describes the huge space you need to have between these mines and your base. Any mine in the realms of kilotons and above would make me curious to see its practical value. Not that I'm complaining.

1 year, 4 months ago

Yeah, I sort of meant the 4-20t mines.
I really can't see why you'd want a 5Mt landmine, but the code sort of generated it, so I figured why not...

1 year, 4 months ago

I kind of find that the unusable ones become noise. I have quite a few mods, and having unusable varieties of weapons in the list of things to build just makes it harder to build other things. I can see the attraction of building and setting one off just for shits and giggles though. Is there a way to just toggle off everything beyond little boy size (not sure, maybe it's possible to just toggle specific sizes that you actually want to use in the settings)?

I've only really reached the thermobaric bombs, but they're already incredibly satisfying to set off.

1 year, 4 months ago

Yeah, I can't remember the setting name, but in startup settings, disabling the "Enable fusion weapons" and "Enable compact fusion weapons" should disable the nukes of >15kt.

New response