True Nukes

Adds realistic nuclear blasts, and more nuclear options, including various scales of atomic artillery shell, as well as atomic cannon shells. Also adds thermobaric weapons (these are like fuel air bombs), which act as early game nukes. Simulates the blast wave, thermal impact, crater and fireball of nuclear weapons.

Content
5 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

b [Running out of tiles - unfixable] Incompatibility with Alien Biomes

1 year, 7 months ago

The latest version (0.3.4) of True Nukes (and possibly earlier 0.3.x versions; I updated from 0.2.13) references the tile 'nuclear-deep', which is removed by the Alien Biomes mod:

https://i.imgur.com/RcB4P5k.png

1 year, 7 months ago

Hi, thanks for the bug report.
Do you have dectorio, asphalt roads or any other tile-heavy mods installed?
Did you have the "use new crater tiles" setting disabled beforehand?
I've hit this issue before, and it seems to be another incarnation of the "factorio running out of tiles" problem. Basically the game supports a maximum of 256 tile types. True Nukes adds 6, but that can push it over the edge.

1 year, 7 months ago

Most mods which add large numbers of tiles have settings to reduce the tile-load, for exactly this reason. True-Nukes doesn't add that many, and keeping the setting required me to maintain an entire separate world of detonation management.

1 year, 7 months ago

I've had the same error for a while. Your fix of turning off tiles from other mods solved it for me. I turned off some of the extra markings from the asphalt mod. So thank you both.

1 year, 7 months ago

Thanks, its a pretty weird issue, but there isn't much I can do.

1 year, 7 months ago

I think it is what you said about exceeding max tile types. Asphalt adds 8 tiles per type and you can enable 6? Types. So that is 48 tiles. I wonder if True Nukes is somehow loading its tiles last? Thus getting the short end of the stick when they run out.

1 year, 7 months ago
(updated 1 year, 7 months ago)

Yeah, I think I'm ending up at the end of the list, possibly due to the alphabet...
Anyway, the maximum is 255. The big killer is alien biomes really, it just doesn't leave enough space for other mods.

1 year, 7 months ago
(updated 1 year, 7 months ago)

I'll look into my other mods for unnecessary tiles, thanks!

The big killer is alien biomes really, it just doesn't leave enough space for other mods.

Yeah, that's a very-nice-to-have, but it does add a lot of stuff.

1 year, 7 months ago

There are options in it to disable certain tile sets.

1 year, 7 months ago

Alien Biomes has a "Remove Obsolete Tiles" setting that works nicely to resolve this deadlock (though I did have to disable Noxys Waterfill to get that to work, haha).

1 year, 7 months ago

OK, well that sounds like an excellent solution. I'll add it to the FAQ...

New response