True Nukes

Adds realistic nuclear blasts, and more nuclear options, including various scales of atomic artillery shell, as well as atomic cannon shells. Also adds thermobaric weapons (these are like fuel air bombs), which act as early game nukes. Simulates the blast wave, thermal impact, crater and fireball of nuclear weapons.

Content
5 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

g [Fixed] Error while launching artillery warhead

1 year, 7 months ago

Got an error and crash when multiple 4t nukes detonated simultaneously. Might just be my garbo PC though xD

1 year, 7 months ago
(updated 1 year, 7 months ago)

What was the error?
And were you using any other applications at the same time (web browsers eat RAM, so its surprisingly easy to run out of memory with one open).
Oh, and how much RAM do you have?

1 year, 7 months ago

I got this error. As well as when I tried to detonate a 20T nuclear artillery warhead.
I don't have any other applications open at the time but I figured 16GB of RAM is plenty.

Error while running event True-Nukes::on_script_trigger_effect (ID 154)
Entity creation of entity-ghost failed
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'create_entity'
True-Nukes/scripts/thermal-system.lua:63: in function
'damage_entity'
True-Nukes/scripts/thermal-system.lua:149: in function
'atomic_thermal_blast_internal'
True-Nukes/scripts/thermal-system.lua:164: in function
'atomic_thermal_blast'
True-Nukes/control.lua:284: in function 'atomic_weapon_hit'
True-Nukes/control.lua:371: in function
<True-Nukes/control.lua:339>

1 year, 7 months ago

Yeah, 16GB should be plenty for a few 4t.
Ok, I did wonder about that bit of code, but it never glitched for me.
I'm guessing you had at least one of the following within the blast radius:
- solar panel
- accumulator
- transport belt (basic, fast or express)
- stone wall
Along with a mod that changes the appearance of whichever it is which got hit...

1 year, 7 months ago

The latest version should fix it, but its honestly just masking the problem - I'd like to get to the bottom of this properly.

1 year, 7 months ago

I'm guessing you had at least one of the following within the blast radius:
- solar panel
- accumulator
- transport belt (basic, fast or express)
- stone wall
Along with a mod that changes the appearance of whichever it is which got hit...

As far as I know I didn't have anything within the 4t blast radii, I'll test it further.
The 20t easily could have damaged many of my modded buildings as there was an abandoned mining outpost close-ish.

The latest version should fix it, but its honestly just masking the problem - I'd like to get to the the bottom of this properly.

I'll continue to mess around as best I can, I have a mountain of mods so maybe it's the perfect stress test xD

1 year, 7 months ago

Just another good ol' Update
After updating both TN and Warheads, I have had full success.
I set off 8, 4ton nukes, all at once, and couldn't recreate the problem.
I also ran a good distance from my base (which I'd consider a large base in Factorio terms) and launched a 20t artillery directly in its epicenter. Although it lags my PC, I see that it works 100% correctly, and does not produce any more fatal errors.

I shall keep playing around with different warheads and whatnot, but I'm limited as I do all this testing on my non-creative world lol

1 year, 7 months ago

OK, awesome. You're doing a great job finding all my bugs...

New response