True Nukes

Adds realistic nuclear blasts, and more nuclear options, including various scales of atomic artillery shell, as well as atomic cannon shells. Also adds thermobaric weapons (these are like fuel air bombs), which act as early game nukes. Simulates the blast wave, thermal impact, crater and fireball of nuclear weapons.

Content
4 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

g Feedback wanted

1 year, 7 months ago
(updated 1 year, 7 months ago)

The 0.3.0 update is going to change a lot.
I want to know that I'm not the only person interested in this stuff (or at least that not everyone will hate it), so I'm going to give a brief summary of my plans:

I'm planning to split off a new mod, which is designed as a kind of ultimate weapon cross-mod, taking 'warheads' and 'launchers/casings/magazines' and producing the resulting weapons. This can then take any collection of warhead type mods (like T-N) and any collection of launcher type mods (e.g. Schall's tanks), and produce all the combination weapons.

I'm planning to add nuclear tests as part of the progression system, so you have to take a particular weapon and detonate it, which unlocks the nest research (with an option to switch this off).

I have a branch on my github page for these changes, although the content of it is EXTREMELY experimental (i.e. it should launch, but won't be playable, and will crash a lot - please don't post bugs).
These are rough plans at the minute, and I don't promise to get these working, nor do I have an expected release date.

New response