True Nukes

Adds realistic nuclear blasts, and more nuclear options, including various scales of atomic artillery shell, as well as atomic cannon shells. Also adds thermobaric weapons (these are like fuel air bombs), which act as early game nukes. Simulates the blast wave, thermal impact, crater and fireball of nuclear weapons.

Content
4 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

i [Implemented] nuke pollution

2 years ago

is there a way you could make nukes cause a truly massive amount of pollution to the blast zone? the fires make a little bit of pollution, and the fallout is also nice, but the atomic bombs create a moderate amount of pollution compared to a thermobaric bomb. is there a way you could cause more pollution at the epicenter and surrounding chunks?

2 years ago

I was wondering about doing this originally, and then i just kind of never did... and then i forgot about it.
I might well add this in the next update as well - you are really good at these suggestions.
One problem is how to distribute the pollution - a big blob at the centre would be easy enough, but not as realistic - another way would be to just do have t drop off as you get further from the nuke. A really cool way would be to use NukeMap to create a more accurate simulation - at least of the core impact, and possibly use the in game wind to find the cloud fallout as well (which is any radiation dropped from the cloud formed by the weapon).
I'll look into doing something more detailed with it, or might just take the lazy option... I'll have to see - it would be cool to see the pollution spreading downwind of the nuke.

New response