True Nukes

Adds realistic nuclear blasts, and more nuclear options, including various scales of atomic artillery shell, as well as atomic cannon shells. Also adds thermobaric weapons (these are like fuel air bombs), which act as early game nukes. Simulates the blast wave, thermal impact, crater and fireball of nuclear weapons.

Content
4 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

g [Implemented] options to disable nuke categories

2 years ago

can you add an option to remove types of nukes (if someone finds cannon shells unrealistic, that could be disabled, or handheld nukes, or dont want an artillery shell crashing their game).

and on an unrelated note, i am working on a mod (my first mod) that adds realistic centrifuging and radioisotope breeding, but the extremely high price of weapons-grade uranium in my mod makes it unreasonably expensive given the poor quality of vanilla nuclear weapons and i dont want to lower the price because that would make it unrealistic. can i add a compatibility for your mod and a mention of your mod on my mod portal? (im not sure if that counts as distributing your content if i just post a link to your information page)

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I have considered adding such an option before, but never have, although I'm not really sure why. I just figured you could always just not use a weapon if you don't like it. I might add those options in a future update, right now I'm a bit busy with other things, but I'll look into it.

If you want to add compatibility for my mod, go ahead!!! I'd be delighted, feel free to link to your heart's content.

As a note on licensing issues (although I am not a lawyer, nor do I have any real knowledge of this whatsoever - this is intended as a rough guide and not legal advice - I will not be liable for any liability resulting from the use of the following etc. etc.):

Since this mod is under the MIT license, you can distribute it if you want (you can even sell copies of it) - provided that you retain the reference to the license and the copyright holder (that is, tell people that this is how it is licensed, and that I wrote it). The license itself is really short, so read it if you want any more details, or want to do something interesting.
I chose this license because I don't mind this kind of thing, I never intended to make any kind of money out of this, its just for a bit of fun - if people do interesting stuff with it, all the better.

No matter what something is licensed under, it would (I think - not a lawyer) be impossible to prevent someone from adding support for it or linking to it provided nothing is copied from the original source - those things do not fall under copyright (distributing would be more like uploading it somewhere else for people to download).

If in the course of adding support for this mod, you just need to copy-paste a huge section of this mod to tweak some things, feel free - you can even include the entire mod if you want - I did that myself to MushroomCloud, so I don't have any grounds to object on.
Note that copy-pasting bits of the mod may introduce some interesting incompatibilities with other mods which support this one, or to later versions of this mod.

TL;DR:
Not only do I actively encourage other mods to support or build on this one, but I couldn't stop them if I wanted too (and in the way you're describing, nor could anyone else - again not legal advice). Hope that clears things up (I also wanted to write this somewhere anyway, to make sure people know I'm cool with this kind of thing).

New response