True Nukes

Adds realistic nuclear blasts, and more nuclear options, including various scales of atomic artillery shell, as well as atomic cannon shells. Also adds thermobaric weapons (these are like fuel air bombs), which act as early game nukes. Simulates the blast wave, thermal impact, crater and fireball of nuclear weapons.

Content
4 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

g [Implemented] General thoughts

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

You've done a wonderful job with this mod and it has come along nicely. I have been waiting for this update for sure. One thing I might suggest/request is the ability to disable some, if not, all high yield weapons individually? For those of us not looking to fire many 100kt nukes, 1k rockets, or atomic machine gun rounds.

Thanks again for such an awesome mod!

3 years ago

Glad you like the mod!!
I was wondering adding an option to remove the super high yield weapons when making the changes, however I figured that the fact they were in a separate technology, and had space science as a requirement, made them a kind of post-victory toy, more than an actual weapon. The technology itself could always be avoided, and the game would be the same, particularly as it is a post-space-science research, and the fact that making the larger weapons would be hard to do by accident.
I also wanted to avoid adding more settings than necessary, and avoid the added complexity which comes with those settings. Despite this, I do appreciate that people may want to, for example, run the mod on a server, and not give people the ability to crash it that easily.

What weapons would you want to be optional in this way?
And how would you think of these options working, I'm guessing you would be thinking of a check-box style arrangement, so each weapon can be toggled individually?

3 years ago

I certainly understand it may not be worth the trouble and added complexity. I may also be one of a very few that would appreciate such an addition. You also make a good point that most are locked behind a research that we don't have to do if we don't want to use them.

However, If you were to add it I think the best way to do it would be a bool setting per weapon. Weapons wise I think all behind the Very Dangerous high-yield research and all atomic machine gun rounds.

Either way, it's a great mod that I will certainly be using in my coming playthrough.

3 years ago

I might add it in a future release, but for now I will leave them, as using them will never be mandatory.
The other problem I was worried about was that if some ammunitions are enabled, and others not, you could end up with a recipe being unlockable, but not craft-able, as an ingredient is disabled, which would be weird and annoying.
I do understand your concerns, and if there is a solid reason (e.g. players crashing a server, or the existence of the weapons causing loading errors of some kind...) why having them enabled would be bad comes up, then I will add the settings.

Just out of curiosity, why would you use this? (If you don't mind me asking)
Part of the reason I didn't add it was that I couldn't see a use case.

3 years ago

It's more of a personal preference and I am probably just nitpicking. They aren't something I would use and just thought the option to remove the clutter would be nice. Again, it isn't worth the trouble as I just won't research them (Honestly didn't even think of that until you mentioned it) and it won't stop me from using and enjoying your mod.

I apologize for the trouble.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

It's more of a personal preference and I am probably just nitpicking. They aren't something I would use and just thought the option to remove the clutter would be nice. Again, it isn't worth the trouble as I just won't research them (Honestly didn't even think of that until you mentioned it) and it won't stop me from using and enjoying your mod.

I apologize for the trouble and please keep up the great work.

3 years ago

Don't worry about it, I really like getting this kind of feedback, as it gives me a good idea what other people want, and how they use the mod, otherwise I'm just guessing based on what looks cool / is fun to play with.
I understand your issue with the clutter, and it is a fair point, I hadn't considered that side of it.
I will probably add those kinds of options in the next release, but that will be some time away (unless a major bug arises) as I'm reasonably happy with the state of the mod as it is currently.
Thanks again, and glad you'll be using it.

3 years ago

If you decide to do it later...Another option could be an all or nothing bool setting. You either get all very high-yield weapons or none. Would make it much easier for you as far as recipes, etc. Instead of trying to do them individually and handle the recipe issues.

2 years ago

Option has been added - lots of flexibility (wasn't that hard really, I was just being a bit lazy, and again I couldn't see a use case).

2 years ago

Thank you very much! I have already started a fresh new save and I very much look forward to using the lower level nukes!

2 years ago

Awesome!!

New response