Transport Drones (Continued, Fixed)


Ground-based logistics: transport drones haul items and fluids between depots. Fork of Transport Drones (Continued)

Content
a day ago
2.0
848
Logistics

g Possible Bug - Fluid Storage Requesting stuff

14 days ago
(updated 13 days ago)

In my Nullius game, I have recently gotten the tech to have both the active and storage Depots and I now have been making them in my ever growing 'Mall'. And I recently have gotten to a point to start using them.

So, I have first started using them with fluids. I just set up a Water Storage Depot, with it set to filter for just water. I also have two pumps connected to it, both % limited to keep the storage Depot amount between 20% (Top Up) & 22% (Overflow) of the Depot amount (~ 5.1k to 5.7k). But for some reason, it started getting my Central Depots to go get more water from the nearest Passive Depot.

Now, when I turned OFF the Storage Depot's "Allow Central Dispatch", it quits fetching the water.

And after I turn off that, the first Active Depot (also water) gets about 8k water flushed into it, so that the Water can be sent to the main Water Distribution Bus. As that same Storage Depot (discussed above) is on that same main Water Distribution Bus.

The intention is for the thing that produces the Water as a by Product, to just send it to the main Water Bus and either used or dumped, depending on the levels internal to that bus. And so that the Transport Drones aren't constantly sending small amounts to where ever, the water is dumped into the depot when it gets up to a set point and thus, the Drones are (mostly) full and being more efficient in operation... So, it SHOULD be sending that water to that Storage Depot.

BUT, instead, it sends the water to the Nearest (Water) Requestor Depot. BUT, this Requestor Depot is disabled by control circuitry (all thou, it shows as working when moused over). One, out of the 8-9 total Drones, DID go and dump into the Storage Depot, ALL of the others had gone into the disabled Depot.

First off, am I incorrect as to how to implement what I am wanting these two to do? And should they be doing all of this like it is doing? Or is this some bug??

13 days ago

Central dispatch and active providers were not reading if it's destination was enabled or not.

Should be fixed

13 days ago
(updated 13 days ago)

Central dispatch and active providers were not reading if it's destination was enabled or not.

Should be fixed

Not sure about the Active Depot, as the disabled by circuit Requestor is full... so it did get sent to the Storage Depot

BUT, the Storage Depot, WHEN I turn back on the "Allow Central Dispatch" Setting for that Storage Depot, it starts to have Transports dispatched to fetch water from the Passive Depot, continuously... i.e. Thrashing

13 days ago
(updated 13 days ago)

I tried to post this update, but the Mod Portal was down...

K, so, I WAS able to test the Active and drain the overfull Requestor and the Actives seem to be working correctly.... BUT:

1) my transport size tech is only at 'Transport Drone Stack Capacity #1 (out of 5 total tech levels in Nullius), but each fluid transport (from the Active Depots) appears to be taking approx 2k fluid to the Storage Depot.

2) The Storage Depot, STILL needs to have the "Allow Central Dispatch" setting turned off. If it is on, it still will fetch from the closest Passive Depot, using the Drone Depot drones for the fetching

3) The Storage Depot Fetches ALSO appear to be in the 2k per transport amounts as well...

4) Apparently, because the Storage Depot's "Allow Central Dispatch" setting is turned off, even though that IS turned on in the Active Depots, the Active Depots are ONLY using their internal Depots for transporting lots of fluids. Shouldn't the Drone Depot(s) send drones if they are needed to help the Active to send out stuff, if the amount in the Active is high enough for them to be needed?? And, If the Depot has Zero drones assigned to it, shouldn't the Central Drone Dispatch Depot at least send something for it to work?

Let me know if I need to upload another save...

13 days ago
(updated 13 days ago)

and 5) And when you mouse hover over the Fluid Requestor Depot, even though the sending from the active to it is now properly disabled by circuit conditions, it STILL shows as Working. The Regular Requestor s DO show disabled status....

13 days ago

2/4. should be set with 130
1/3. That is controlled by Nullius.
5. should be set with 131

13 days ago

2 & 4 fixed.

Why is the volume carried set by Nullius? Or would that be in the Compatibility mod? But it DOES seem like it is carrying less (per transport) than before.

Thanks for the continuing effort!!

13 days ago

installing 131 now

12 days ago
(updated 12 days ago)

Why is the volume carried set by Nullius? Or would that be in the Compatibility mod? But it DOES seem like it is carrying less (per transport) than before.

No idea. Nullius used to handle compatibility for the original fork. It is 1k fluid per stack. 2x normal.

12 days ago

I posted over at the Compat Mod's forum, but he checks it very irregularly... If you have a back channel, please let him know about the discussion here about this...

Currently, they are moving 1.2k fluid volume (no changes in the in-game tech level, just the newer mod versions..).

What should be the basic (no added techs or limiters) and for the various tech level 1 to 5 volume amounts of fluid carried?

To me, seems more of a balancing issue...

7 days ago

I've been away for a couple of weeks. I'll try look at this in the next couple of days.

The biggest issue is that compat mod just used existing nullius code "temporarily". It has turned into not so temporary, and now there are completing transport drone mods and I have less hope that the nullius team will actually have the time to get to porting/enabling it in nullius itself.

So I'm less convinced that the compat mod is the correct medium term solution. It would probably be better for the nullius compat code to be incorporated into the drones mod itself. Then the person who knows how and why their mod works has full control. I'll see if I can reasonably propose a PR for that later too.

For now I'll take a look at this bug in the next week and update here when I've made some progress

7 days ago

I can do that. Just didn't want to step on toes.

7 days ago

Thanks @HellWatcher, no toes or sensitivity to worry about in any way :)

I do have a zip with the patch ready. Hopefully that helps as a starting point.
https://www.andrevdm.com/temp/drones_nullius_compat.zip

There are three versions of the same code. (with the changes in a git commit, without git, and a single patch).

Feel free to email/message etc if I can assist in any way.

And to be clear about attribution again
- Almost all the code is originally from the Nullius 1.0 codebase. I added a suggested block in the README mentioning that
- The only changes I made to the balance was the "easy mode" and making the tech tree make sense for this mod pack vs the original Klonan style. I did not want to make any more changes to balance as I felt that was entirely out of scope for a compat mod. As its now in your mod itself that is entirely your call :)

Thanks again for continuing with this work

7 days ago

Sweet. I'll put this on the list. I have no idea about balancing lol. Kinda need to rely on feedback from people.

a day ago

That should be done now.

19 hours ago

Thank you!
I'm going to mark my comparability mod as deprecated a bit later today.

New response