Adds transport drones and transport depots

Content
3 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Logistics

g Error loading mods with v1.0.14 and factorio v1.1.101

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

Possible bug with Factorio v1.1.101 and mod Transport_Drones (1.0.14)

Error while loading recipe prototype "fluid-depot-fluid-unknown" ( recipe): Difficulty normal: amount must be larger than 0 in property trees at ROOT.recipe.fluid-depot-fluid-unknown.ingredients[0]
Modicifications: Transport Drones

I also have several mods (BZ) enabled along with this one.

4 months ago

I too

4 months ago

After a bit of digging:
Factorio v1.1.101 changlelog mentions two related items.
Fixed a crash when defining a recipe that takes zero fluid as the first ingredient
Fluid ingredient amounts must be larger than zero

Transport Drones 1.0.14
Data/make_request_recipes.lua line 106 in the "make_fluid_depot_recipe" function tries to make fluid depots of every type with ingredients of each fluid amount=0 and I think this is the trigger of the issue.

I tried a "hack" and just remarked out line 106, so instead of an ingredient of 0 fluid, it's an empty array and has no ingredients.

Line 106 before:
{type = "fluid", name = fluid.name, amount = 0}

Line 106 after:
-- {type = "fluid", name = fluid.name, amount = 0}

The made will now at least load... I have not checked play or what recipes might have been broken.

Time for the factory to grow... and test :)

4 months ago

MrGoodbits, that solution has one problem - fluid depot is a furnace, and that recipe is to automatically associate fluid with depot, and this mechanism requires ingredient present in the recipe.
To test this, place a new fluid depot. When fluid is added, it's recipe icon will not be updated automatically.
I tried changing amount to 1 instead, and it seems to work. Since this recipe is just used for setting icon on depot, amount value should not matter.

4 months ago

@NyanFury
I suspected having "no" ingredients would cause some issue. I'll adjust to "1" and keep growing the factory.

Thanks for you input and I'm hoping Klonan may do a proper update and release a version for any who are not comfortable editing source files.

4 months ago

I was going to comment but you already found it. I changed the recipe value to 1

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

mine has died on a py run with pypostprocessing PANIK changed to 1 all good

3 months ago

Stupid question: to make this change, do I need to make a new zip file or something?

3 months ago

FelixYyz - unzip the existing ZIP file into a directory of the same name (Transport_Drones_1.0.14) then open the "data" folder and edit the make_request_recipes.lua file. Edit line 106.

Then play. Factorio knows to use the directory, if it exists, instead of the zip with the same version number. No need to make a new zip.

When an official version is released, you can just delete the directory.

3 months ago

Oh, okay. My abundance-of-caution gland kicked in, and I went so far as to make a whole zip file with all the changes. But good to know, thanks a lot for replying!

3 months ago

same here https://imgur.com/knWnXp3 this is what pops up

New response