by Klonan

Adds transport drones and transport depots

Content
3 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Logistics

b Requester drones, pick only from the empty closest depto

2 years ago

Requester depto drones pickup items only from the closest depto, even if the closest depto has only 2 items and the depto next to it has a lot more, it will continuously send only one drone to pickup that one item.

I got that it will send the drone to the closest, but while the drone is on route and the requester is empty, it should keep sending drones to other deptos shouldn't it?

So the request has 10 drones, the road network has 1k+ items in various deptos, but the request is always empty and using only 1 drone instead of all 10. There is fuel, there is the need of more items, it just don't sand any drones, unless the closest depto keep empty for like a minute or so.

2 years ago

Are there multiple stacks of items in the depots or only partial stacks? Because if the latter is true, then the behavior is normal. Otherwise, you should visit Klonan's server and write to him directly there, as I have noticed that he usually responds faster there.

2 years ago

Hi Torn, thanks for the response.

In the closest depto there is always like 10 or 20 (bearlly make one stack). Cause the drone come and pick it up and they are some how close. The thing is that while the drone comes and pick those 10 to 20 items (half stack) no drone goes to any of other depto that have the item ready to be picked up, it only keep going to this single depto.

I don't see how this is the normal behavior

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

The depot will only send a 2nd drone to a provider if the provider can fill the drone. So if e.g. the drone can transport 2 stacks, then at least 2 stacks must be available in a provider to send a 2nd drone.

2 years ago

so it doesn't look for any other depto that has the item available?

2 years ago

Of course it does.
But it doesn't send out a second vehicle until there's enough to fill it.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Oh, damm, I forgot to bring the rest of my brain cells hahahhaha. Sure now it make sense. The network has multiple stacks of it, I was seeing a requester not requesting any, but every depto doesn't have a full stack, only the total sum of items is higher, so now it make sense. Still annoying as the network has it but I got what you said about not sending additional drones while other deptos don't meet at least one full cargo

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

you're welcome^^

2 years ago

Because of this problem, I also place the request box and the supply box at least 30 spaces apart. As long as the first car does not arrive by the time the second car departs, there is no problem.

New response