by Klonan

Adds transport drones and transport depots

Content
3 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Logistics

g remote input

3 years ago

I've used drones in a couple of situations where there is no player character. Inserting drones into the buildings becomes fiddly, as it must be done with requester chests and inserters. You can't really controll how many are inserted, and you have to leave space in the build for a box and arm.

Would it be possible to have the transport drones inserted by a logistics request, similar to inserting modules or putting fuel into a blueprintted locamotive? Then I could actually build these things from god mode reliably.

3 years ago

that would be amazing, wouldn't it?

3 years ago

@purplewombat yes - it would be a massive qol improvement for various of my playthroughs.

3 years ago

Actually this will need another mod I have been thinking about,

Something like a 'request proxy creator', where you can make request proxies for anything,
For instance get construction bots to insert ammo to turrets, fuel to furnaces, etc.

3 years ago

@klonan if you can do this as a separate mod, then that's fine -- I'd love to have it work for mining drones, turrets, and a host of other things, so if there's a general-purpose fix that's cool - I'm already using the module inserter mod.

3 years ago

That actually sounds great - just go 'here, bot-boy, take this to that assembler, chop chop!' sounds kind of great.

3 years ago

Is there anything I can do to help out with this? I'm in yet another situation where I need this.

2 years ago

@Klonan

Any update for this?

Is a wonky circuit + request chest still the way to go in the mean time?

1 year, 9 months ago

Hi - just a ping to ask if there's been a fix for this, or if another mod addresses it.

New response