Adds transport drones and transport depots

Content
4 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Logistics

i Roboports

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Any thought about adding logistic versions of the depots? Something that will allow direct interaction of logistic robots with the stored inventory. Another way to describe it would be to have the transport network supply depot act as a logistics network requester and transport requester act as a logistics supply so Robots can deal with the local area without needing to first transfer from the transport depots to or from logistics chests.

(The thread title came from an early thought about having the roboports built into the depot, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought they should be separate and I forgot to change the title.)

3 years ago

I would also love this, because I've build my factory as one big road network that acts like a logistic network, but transitioning to actual construction robots instead of your construction drones is a pain.

3 years ago

I would love that feature. Especially requester depot acting like provider chest.

3 years ago

No idea if you guys are interested but I really needed supply depots to be passive provider chests too so I spent some time looking into modding and I've made an extremely simple mod that does exactly that (Give every supply depot passive provider capabilities). Idk if I'll work further on it (maybe put it behind research or something once I look more into that) but it's here if you want.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/passive-provider-supply-depot

3 years ago

It may not actually work yet (loads in a test world but not my actual save), I'll look deeper into it but lmk if you're interested

New response