Transport Drones

by Klonan

Adds transport drones and transport depots

Content
4 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Logistics

b Depot Reader attached to Mining Depot works for less than a second then outputs nothing

3 years ago

I have a mining depot from the Mining Drones mod (also love it!). I'd like to turn it "on" in the road network using a depot writer that turns the depot on when, say, the iron ore is under 1,000 in the transport drone network so I can drain my other depots first. The trouble is that the network reader also reads the ore in the "backup" mining depot as part of the network even when it's disabled by a depot writer, so it will never drop below the threshold. I had an idea to feed the output of a depot reader through an (Everything)*(-1) arithmetic combinator to subtract the materials currently in the "backup" mining depot from the contents of the road network as part of my filter -- to essentially ignore the local contents when deciding whether to enable the depot for use by the transport network.

So: Road -attached-to> road-reader -wire> depot-writer with enable-condition of "iron-ore < 1000" -attached-to> mining depot -attached-to> depot-reader -wire> arithmetic combinator ([*] * -1) -wire> depot-writer above

That's the setup for my observed behavior...

When I attach a depot reader to the mining depot, it outputs nothing. If I set the filter on the depot reader to, in this case, iron ore, it will flash the contents for less than a second (maybe just a few ticks), and then unset itself. Am I not allowed to connect both a depot reader and a depot writer to the same mining depot? If that's not supported and the depot-reader is being disabled, then I can work around that, but it's one of those "If it's allowed, I'd like to see if I can get it working" things. ;-) Do I need to use some kind of memory-cell combinator, say if the reader only outputs when the value changes?

If it is supported, and I'm not doing something right, can I send screenshots and stuff, maybe you can spot what I'm doing wrong, assuming you're willing to help me out?

This might also be a bug, a conflict somewhere between the depot reader, depot writer, and mining depot that's causing the depot reader to fail. If there's a debug flag or something I can enable, I can provide the logs and more info, as well, as I go through and attach the depot-reader, set its filter, etc. I'm just not seeing any messages in the chat history or anything.

Thanks for the awesome mods! <3 They've significantly changed the way I play, and it's introducing interesting new challenges to solve. :-)

3 years ago

Okay, I figured out what's going on. It looks like the counter was correctly not taking the "turned off" mining depot into account -- I just had a second mining depot that I'd forgotten about. I think I have my system working, at least for now.

I'm still seeing the "only on for a few ticks" behavior when I attach a reader and a writer to the same mining depot, though.

New response