Opteras's Library
RailPowerSystem
Realistic electric trains
Repair from inventory
Repair turret
Robot attraction
Robot charging station 1x1
RPG system
Schall Alien Loot + Ammo Turrets + Combat Robotics + Endgame Evolution + Language Pack + Pickup Tower + Recharging Weapon + Remains & Pickup + Suit + Tank Platoon + Woodcutting + Transport Group + Uncraft
Shield FX
Side Inserters
Sniper rifle
Soundpack: Alerts and Sirens
Space Exploration + Graphics + HR Graphics + Postprocess
Squeak through
There is my ghost
Todo List
Train Network for Players
Turret Shields
hardened pipes
Walls Block Spitters
Warhammer 40000 Astartes Armory
Will-o'-the-Wisps updated (2)
Wireless circuit network
Wood walls

These are all my mods used.

Only when I use / activate the mod "Transport Drones", there are problems with loading and saving.
Loading and saving takes an extremely long time.
One or two other mods report "timeout" when loading.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to prove the problem.

I hope this problem can be fixed.
I liked the mod when I saw the Nilaus tutorial.

greetings
Illyria

4 years ago

Can you provide a save game

4 years ago

loading and saving problems for me started after upgrading factorio from 0.18.19 to 0.18.21 and many mods too. thus i don't know whether the base game causes this, or this mod, or another unknown mod, but because of the time to update the road network, i would assume that there are some really huge data structures involved, and it's not only the autosave taking much(!) longer, but also that the savegame size is more than three times as big as before :

loading my old autosave the first time took maybe FIVE MINUTES. then the game showed some migration of the base game (lots of demo-researches removed), and this mod also showed that updating the road network had taken 107000 ms (107 seconds).
edit: when loading that old save again (for testing), the time used was 131000 ms (more than 2 minutes).

doing an autosave which before had taken several (<5) seconds now takes almost THREE MINUTES (to be exact something around 2:50), and when looking at the savefiles, the old savefiles were only a bit over 11 MB, and the new savefiles are more than 35 MB.

i didn't try yet to enable/disable different sets of mods (my mod list is as long as Illyria's list, but most mods are different and only maybe 15 are included in his list too), but first looked into discussions and post this as reply to someone "definitively" having found that this mod may cause the increased load/save times.
edit: after disabling this mod, the migration and the load and save times are back to normal (a minute for migrating factorio, <5 sec to load/save maps), but of course with so much from this mod gone, it would be unusable now.

ps: since i play without bots and only relatively short belts (2.2k belts to connect 100 request depots and 45 provider depots to many local setups/rows of assemblers) and most roads are two tiles wide, my road network has almost 2000 road tiles ... this should be considered only a minor size for factories (I'm just about to build a bigger oil factory to replace my old one that barely produces petroleum so that i could research and build power armor to fight biters in front of the next oil field :-) until i launch a rocket, the road network will probably grow to at least triple this size, and then cause autosaves to take 100+MB and 9 minutes ??

4 years ago

i just sent you a PM in the forums, with links to "savefiles before and after the increase in time and space"

4 years ago

Ok, another mod was changing some properties of the road tiles, so when recalculating the road network my script would accidently add all tiles into the road network, not just road tiles.

I have fixed the logic, and added a check to see if the road tile list is empty, and if so it will abort loading.

4 years ago

(The culprit in your case was Robot tree farm)

4 years ago

Hi,

Thank you, Klonan, for the quick bug fix!
Now the bug is fixed and I can save and load normally. And I can play with this great mod.
I also thank Anson_AKB. He described the error well and was able to confirm it.

There was only an error message when loading because of the streets.
But I think it's normal when loading an existing savegame.

Thank you, Klonan!

greetings
Illyria

4 years ago

yes, thanks a lot for taking care of the problem so quickly !
after having the huge loading time once (to load the last big savefile), everything is back to normal again: normal save/load times, and also the same old small filesize. THANKS!

btw: i had the tree farm included only because i thought it would be neat to later plant forests around my factory (to look nice, and to reduce pollution) and to have some items (all the seeds for different trees) as target for more sorting and automation, maybe also to replace coal and oil sometime (grow trees, make coal from trees, make oil from coal; and have no vanilla coal or oil resources at all :-) having the farm included already now was intended to give a head start of collecting seeds while cutting trees anyway.
lesson (not?) learned: don't use too many mods that you don't really need :-( factorio is simply too well done and doesn't punish people for having 100+ or even 200+ mods unless they build a gigabase :-)

New response