by Klonan

Adds transport drones and transport depots

Content
3 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Logistics

g Fluid transport amount

4 years ago

Does each level of increased transport capacity increase the amount of fluids? In game is says +1 stacks, but fluid doesn't stack. If the fluid is increasing, is it increasing at the same amount that item's transfer rate is? I am noticing I am using more drones to move fluids.

4 years ago

Yea, each increases the drone fluid carrying capacity.

I guess generally its just that fluids can be consumed much quicker

4 years ago

Gotcha. I guess this will be less of a concern once the new version/engine update becomes public so having more cars doesn't hit the UPS as badly.

Thanks Klonan.

4 years ago

Yeah you need a truckload more drones for fluids. Most of the early factories I've built make do with 5-10 drones. The simplest fluid (30/s plastic) factory requires 40-50 drones. It's an order of magnitude more. That may need some rebalancing as the difference is so extreme.

4 years ago

As for balance, I just use the base game 'balance'. They have the same fluid capacity as if they were carrying stacks of barrels, so there is no difference there.

Maybe I can buff it, I will think about it

If you have some save games to share, they are always insightful for balancing

4 years ago

Before I provide a savegame, I'm going to make sure it's not be ing a moron first. I'll tinker around more until I know exactly how different it is. The only thing I can provide now is my initial reaction to setting up plastic and thinking "holy shit this takes a lot of drones".

I'll keep this thread tagged though.

4 years ago

After some serious testing, I don't think it's that bad actually.

The reason it threw me off is because Plastic consumes INSANE amounts of Petroleum Gas, compared to Coal. So it looks like you need many more drones to transfer fluid.

But once I started expanding further and setting up smelters and stuff, I noticed that even large amounts of solids require lots of drones. The reason it seems weird is just because Plastic is the first fluid you set up, and it's very skewed.

After this, I think the numbers are fairly balanced.

New response