by Klonan

Adds transport drones and transport depots

Content
4 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Logistics

i Priority

4 years ago

It would be great to be able to set the priority of a provider since a lot of mods add residuals and you want to consume them first.
How is this handled now? The closest depo?
Btw thanks for you work and this great mod!

4 years ago

I am actually adding buffer depots in the next release,
And the supply will offer to the closest depots first, as opposed to offering in a random order

4 years ago

nice thanks for the quick reply. I love your work!

4 years ago

The buffer depots are great. So the last missing depo is a storage depo which is a supply depo, but has an higher priority supplying goods ;)

4 years ago

Does anybody figured out how to use buffers efficiently as a priority?

For only one passive provider which I want to be empty all the time (because it is excess by product) it is working to placce a buffer right next to this and then the buffer is used before any other supply depot. And since the buffer is right next to the excess-byproduct it will get the items first from this supply depot and then went to the normal-production supply depot. So the normal production of this product is only used if the amount as a byproduct is not enough.

So far, so good.

What If I have a second location with the byproduct?

https://imgur.com/a/Y7F645w

The buffer at (1) will geet items first from (1) and then from (3). So the normal production will kick in and the excess from (4) will be never touched unless (1) and (3) is enough to fullfill the requester.

As @heinzwilli pointed out - a kind of storage depot is missing. Or an active provider depot. Or some ability to mark a supply depot as high/low priority.

4 years ago

Also missing is fluid buffer depots.

4 years ago

Buffer depots can buffer fluids

3 years ago

@yenz did you ever find a solution to this now that buffers are in the mod? I've been struggling with it, and I'm thinking that stopping/disabling main production until byproducts are consumed (using circuit network) might be the only way

3 years ago

@feupeu
No, unfortunately not.
But I haven't touched that save for a long time.

I saw this in the patchnotes but I'm not sure what you can do with that:

Version: 0.7.0
Date: 2020-05-19
Changes:
- Added transport depot writers, transport depot readers, and road network readers.
- Added technology to unlock the transport depot circuit network stuff.

I however found this in another discussion: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Transport_Drones/discussion/5ec631f3458973000b7093cc

And that looks promising!

3 years ago

Thanks for the response. Circuit networks looks promising. I think i can achieve what I want through that

New response