by Klonan

Adds transport drones and transport depots

Content
4 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Logistics

g Settings for fuel drone

4 years ago

Can you create a settings for the fuel needed by drones to make the delivery.... because with py suite 5k of petroleum gaz for 1 drone is very very expensive.... please

4 years ago

And for the capacity transport please

4 years ago

I can add some tweaks for other mods,
What fluid would be better for PySuite?

The fluid capacity is the same as what carrying barrels would be,
I thought it would be dumb if its less than that

4 years ago

oh if is the same as barrel some other mods can tweak it ^^ thk for the explaination but that not solve the problem.can you create your "own" barrel capacity for the mod in the settings ? .So a barrel capacity tweak for your mod and the original. Because i need a barrel size a 5k and a drone capacity of 2k .Because stack barrel is for long distance and drone for medium and short distance.Do you understand ?

At the moment this issue make my base run like a bee nest for short distance , very very annoying if my base growing.....

4 years ago

thk :)

4 years ago

Well, each drone only takes 50 fluid with them on each drip, and only consumes 1 fluid every 55m, so i don't think it is that much consumption

4 years ago

ok

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

there seem to be rounding errors or other errors with the fuel :-(

my factory just stopped production because there were no more copper plates. my inspection showed that the requester for copper ore with 2 drones had 49.9 fuel and thus couldn't send any drones to get more copper. but shouldn't the requester have ordered more fuel to have have at least 2x50=100 fuel for two drones ?
checking supplies showed that the fuel depot had one drone waiting to do fuel deliveries and 1.8k in its storage, and the copper ore provider was full (limited to 10 stacks = 500 ore). both should be enough !?

adding more drones (to force getting more fuel) didn't help, but i (temporarily) could fix this problem by setting the request to copper ore again. this cleared the drones and the fuel from the requester, and after adding back two drones, the fuel drone immediately delivered 500 fuel and then the copper ore drones immediately started filling the requester ... why (what went wrong in the first place) ? and when will it happen again ?

edit: after reloading the old save from before the fix, the problem was still there, and i could even see exactly the same problem on a second requester which was stalled with 2 drones (waiting to get coal) and 49.9 fuel ...
should i upload that savefile somewhere ?

4 years ago

Yea, if you can send the save game it will be really helpful.

4 years ago

i just sent a link to my dropbox as PM to Klonan on the forum

4 years ago

I fixed it, was that you have only 1 or 2 drones in the depot

Also btw, you can have the transport drones pick up directly from mining depots (mine and rebuild them if they were built earlier), the road will be built at the entrance just like the other depots

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

thanks for a quick fix

but i had added more drones (10+) and the transport drones still didn't do anything.
maybe after it was stalled, nothing would help !?

about the mining depots: i was already wondering what you had done to make them "compatible" (as noted in the patchnotes). now i have the problem of finding temporary storage for the 5k ore, but I'll gladly handle that when i no longer need to have a provider depot next to it with all the additional overhead like power supply and inserters, only needing a "naked" mining depot and a road. THANKS!

edit : just updated factorio and this mod, and it works wonderfully now.
with the copper ore requester now working, the 5k ore from the mining depot was emptied almost immediately (to be able to rebuild it) and I'm enjoying now a "mining provider depot" ( saving space, inserters, power, etc.)
only "problem" now (LOL): i always get a heart attack when i watch the transport drones drive fullspeed right through a group of mining drones which all meet on the same "caution" tile (i also always panic and step aside when I'm on a road and a transport drone drives by; a habit from using logibots on my last map :-)

New response