by Klonan

Simple ways of controlling trains.

Content
3 years ago
Trains

i Extend the skip function to pickup and dropoff stations

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hi I would like to suggest an extension of the skip function to pickup and drop-off stations based on the cargo load of the train. With this function one will be able to implement some form of priority pickup/drop-off. Example as follows:

1) There will be two new extra icons (pickup and drop-off) that can be included into the name of a station to indicate a pickup/drop-off station

2) Stations are named according to their priorities (e.g. IronPlate-Pickup-High, IronPlate-Pickup, IronPlateLow-Pickup-Low [with the icons included in the name])

3) In the train schedule, station names will have to be listed from high priority to low priority. One will have to include a circuit controlled depot to hold the trains until at least one pickup/drop-off station has a slot to prevent the train from bypassing pickup/drop-off when all stations are disabled.

4) The train will:
i) skip a pickup/drop-off station if the station name does not have any open slot

ii) skip all pickup stations if it has full cargo load

iii) skip all drop-off stations if it has empty cargo load

5) The skip status for a station name has to be updated (1) whenever a station switches in between having at least a slot and having no empty slot; or (2) after full cargo/empty cargo is achieved. e.g. after a full cargo is achieved all pickup stations are skipped regardless of slot availability.

Each train cycles through 3 states (empty - partial - full - partial - empty) in a pickup-dropoff cycle, and this system will allow a train to fill up and empty its cargo across multiple stations.

New response