Train Alert GUI

by eduran

Adds a GUI displaying train-related alerts.

Content
4 years ago
Trains

g Train Alert not available on quickbar

4 years ago

I can't add the Train Alert GUI to the slots next to the quickbar anymore, and I also can't use the keyboard shortcut to toggle it. Instead, I get the hint "This shortcut requires the Railroad technology", which I haven't researched yet. However, I also use the Junk Train mod (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/JunkTrain2); the Train Alert window has been triggered by it, but now I've no way to close it -- except removing my junk trains from the list of watched trains, which I don't want to do.

Hotkey and quickbar did already work in this game, so I'm quite at a loss why it doesn't now. Could you look into that, please?

4 years ago

0.4.8. removes the research requirement. I thought it would be nice to keep the icon out of the way until its needed, but did not consider that mods might add earlier trains.

4 years ago

0.4.8. removes the research requirement.
Thanks, it works again!

I thought it would be nice to keep the icon out of the way until its needed, but did not consider that mods might add earlier trains.
Makes sense to keep the interface clean. I guess it would be too much trouble (or even impossible?) to check for every active mod whether it adds early trains. But how about shifting that responsibility to players? It usually is a conscious decision to add a mod. So, an option "Require Railroad technology" in the mod settings would seem reasonable. It's just an idea, though. :-)

4 years ago

0.4.8. removes the research requirement.

Thanks, it works again!

I thought it would be nice to keep the icon out of the way until its needed, but did not consider that mods might add earlier trains.

Makes sense to keep the interface clean. I guess it would be too much trouble (or even impossible?) to check for every active mod whether it adds early trains. But how about shifting that responsibility to players? It usually is a conscious decision to add a mod. So, an option "Require Railroad technology" in the mod settings would seem reasonable. It's just an idea, though. :-)

New response