Rivens Train Routes

This mod adds routes that are shared among trains. (youtube demo included)

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Trains

g Great mod, might cause desynch issues

4 years ago

Me and my bud installed this mod, great mod, but now we are having desynch issues. only happened after the first server close and reboot after installing this mod, even when it worked for about 3 hours before this happened.
any way you can help riven?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hey Tina, thanks for your feedback! I have to admit that i never played a multiplayer game in Factorio - and I don't immediately see how my mod could crash a game: it basically duplicates schedules, nothing too fancy. :-)

I will however make a multiplayer game, and see whether I can reproduce the issue.

How often did it occur, after the first 3 hours went by without a hitch?
If the desynchs happen regularly, you can 'quickly' try and see whether uninstalling the mod 'fixes' it. The mod does not affect save-games or other ingame state, so should be removed and re-added without any problem.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Most importantly: do the desynchs happen right after you edited a route?

Because that's the only time the mod actually does anything to the game-state. When you don't change routes, Factorio manages the trains all by itself, no intervention by the mod is needed. If the desyncs happen exactly when the route changes, it would be a sign that maybe, just maybe, the mod could trigger it. :)

I'd like to hear your feedback!

New response