Toggle Peaceful Mode - Keep achievements!

by Cerbrus

Allows you to toggle peaceful mode at will

Content
3 years ago
0.14 - 1.1
Enemies

b Disabeling after hours will give a big performance drop

3 years ago

Hi there,

It seems that the performance remains very bad after disabling the peaceful mode.

https://imgur.com/a/2w8UXcd

But if I re-enable again then the performance goes up to ~57 ups

Is there anything i can do about this?

3 years ago

Hi,

I honestly don't know what the numbers you've circled mean...

It's a pretty large map you have there with a lot of spawners. When you disable peaceful mode, all biters are killed, and I'd assume all newly spawning (hostile) biters are then suddenly realizing there's pollution to be annoyed by. My first guess would be to wipe out some (a lot of) nests.

It could also be that the mod is still looping through the spawned biters to kill / toggle them. Considering the size of the map, that might possibly take a while.

3 years ago

Thanks for the quick response! I was trying to show the performance impact when disabling peaceful mode, even removing this mod and rampant while waiting several minutes didn't do much. I will try to clear most nest and see if that improves performance again

3 years ago

As far as I know, you should see an performance gain from -enabling- peaceful mode, not from disabling it.

Peaceful biters shouldn't require as much processing power, as there's no "should I attack" checks, nor the resulting pathfinding. If you were to disable peaceful mode on a large base like that, there's suddenly a lot more going on.

3 years ago

Yes that is true, I think I was using enabling/disabling a bit wrong in my wording.

I have run the following console command -> https://wiki.factorio.com/Console#Enemy.2Fevolution_scripts -> "Kill all enemies"
Which immediately puts my map at a steady 57UPS so the problem is indeed the biters. I think I will leave it like this and let the enemies "re-grow" which solves my initial problem.

Thanks for the help!

New response