Todo List

This mod adds a todo list to the single- and multiplayer game to allow players to synchronize their work.

Utilities
1 year, 3 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

i Would you be willing to add a not-quite-minimized option?

4 years ago

It would be nice if I could see the full text of the task I'm currently working on, but only that task. For example, let's say I want to automate rails, locomotives, rail signals, chain signals, train stops, chests, stack inserters, and pumps. So I put all that in a task, but then either I have to open the whole window (too big/has to be customized for each task) or I minimize it and lose all the details.

Is it possible to add a mode like the minimize option, but it still shows the details of the current task in addition to the title?

4 years ago

Hey,
you mean subtasks?
It would be possible to show all the open subtasks in minimized view below the button. This can become rather large, though.

Would showing the subtasks for the current task solve your issue? Or do you mean something else?

4 years ago

Subtasks might work. Normally I just list things out with a new line and -, like:

• Assemblers
  • Pipes
  • Red science
  • Green science

But I could use subtasks to create these types of lists almost as easily.

4 years ago

Yeah that is what subtasks are for.
Yet they are not displayed in the minimized view.

4 years ago

I think showing subtasks in minimized view might be bad for some players who use tons of subtasks. It might be better to have like "subtask minimize" or something, where you can just display all the subtasks for the top-level task currently on your todo list :)

4 years ago

Yeah.. it would be possible to add a couple options of what about be shown in minimized view.
Is there more to it than just the subtasks?
Can you think of other things that people might want to display?

4 years ago

I would hesitate to speculate on things people might want to display without getting any kind of data on the subject. I can only speak from personal experience, when doing builds it's sometimes useful to have your list of things you want to build right at the top of the screen so you don't have to go double check a few times as you go, especially with long lists of items.

New response