Todo List

This mod adds a todo list to the single- and multiplayer game to allow players to synchronize their work.

Utilities
1 year, 3 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

i Alternate text for mod

5 years ago

It would be nice if you could flip a switch and have the little button call itself a 'Quest Log' instead of a 'Todo List' and call items on the Todo list 'quests'.

5 years ago

Hahaha that is a really nice idea.
I added an issue for this: https://github.com/JonasJurczok/factorio-todo-list/issues/74

5 years ago

DarkStar series anyone? :D
Fantastic!

5 years ago

Feel free to suggest more different patterns.
If someone provides the texts it should be interesting to implement it :)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I'm the one who provided the DarkStar series with an alternate version of the mod file that had the new text hacked into the language files. Which is a terrible way to do it. :-)

5 years ago

:D I would go the "lets have a setting with multiple text styles and pick the correct translation accordingly" path..

5 years ago

Is it possible to pick alternative translations for the same language out of the file? That was a thing I was puzzling over. The relationship between various GUI components and the string plucked out of the language file doesn't seem like it's amenable to being altered in Lua.

5 years ago

Not by default. But what you can do is add prefixes/suffixes to the translation key. E.g. "todo_title" vs "todo_title_quest".

Then you can provide different translations and pick the text to be used at runtime.

5 years ago

There is a new version released that now supports "quest mode". If you have suggestions for the text (or translations) feel free to ping me :)

5 years ago

I've been meaning to go through and do just that. :-) I noticed that at least one thing was missing a translation, but I didn't write it down, so forgot which one it was. :-)

5 years ago

:) If you find it again just tell me. :D

New response