TinyStart

by Yehn

A minimalist starter kit with a tier 0 power armor, a mini low-output reactor, and the accoutrements you need for robot construction. As simple as 'Install and Play', but includes optional loadout customization for those looking to tailor their experience - such as using solar power instead.

Utilities
1 year, 9 months ago
0.14 - 1.1

g how do you use this mod?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

hey

im pretty new to factorio, just installed it and been trying out some mods, and this one catch my attention, but i can't seem to be able to use it... i have it installed just fine, i can see the armor and reactor and the roboport, but how do i use them?

sorry for the stupid question

2 years ago

Place a ghost building (press q when highlighting something, then when placing the structure hold shift when you click) and one of your construction bots should head over and place the building for you. It's not particularly useful on its own but if you have blueprints, use the copy/paste functionality, or use a deconstruction planner they will do some of the work for you. Be aware that by default copy/paste and the different blueprint types are locked behind construction bot research (unlocked globally once you finish that research once) which might be why you can't find how to use it.

I do suggest playing the game at least once vanilla, if for no other reason than that bit of satisfaction when you finally have a bot lay down a chunk of structure for you.

1 year, 9 months ago

cathexis covered it, but I also second the advice of saving this mod for later. It's essentially here for experienced players that want to cut through early game quicker, and so it can hurt the experience if its your first time.

New response