TinyStart

by Yehn

A minimalist starter kit with a tier 0 power armor, a mini low-output reactor, and the accoutrements you need for robot construction. As simple as 'Install and Play', but includes optional loadout customization for those looking to tailor their experience - such as using solar power instead.

Utilities
1 year, 9 months ago
0.14 - 1.1

g How do you upgrade your armour in tinystart?

5 years ago

I remember updating my armour some months ago but now i cant remeber how to do that. Could it be that yuoki mod techs deactivates somehow the tecnology to allow tha player to upgrade to tier I and II?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Hi gargamel9

You should see the upgrades on your combat tab of the crafting window, right next to light armor. The recipes are very simple - they should be visible immediately on a new game, with no research required to see them.

I'm not particularly familiar with the Yuoki series of mods, but as long as vanilla light armor and heavy armor are still there, TinyStart armor should work just fine. If the aren't, then that could be the problem. If you can list your exact mod setup I can take a look at it.

Also, obvious though it may be, it still may be worth double checking you're on version 0.16.6 of TinyStart, and didn't end up getting an old version stuck in the mod folder somehow. There's also a few other uploads of TinyStart around, as I wasn't available to update it immediately for the game version 0.16 when it released; if you have one of those, of course, it will be out of date.

5 years ago

Hey so I just grabbed the baseline Yuoki Industries mod, and it seems to work just fine:

So if there's a mod interfering, it's probably a different one. But I recommend making sure you're on 0.16.6 of this mod.

Thanks!

5 years ago

I just reinstalled the OS so tiny start should be the latest version. However I will recheck the version of factorio and tiny start just to be sure because I havent seen the icons to update since the first time I played this glorious mod a couple months ago.

5 years ago

If you still have trouble, feel free to send me a save file. Maybe I should have asked for that first. It would be an easy way for me to check the exact mod setup for conflicts or other issues.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Thx a lot for your help yehn!! Im thinking that it must be another mod the one that is interfering. Probably one of those that add turrets and weapons. I'll be checking each one to discover which one it is now that you pointed me in the right direction. "Sadly" I'm still on vacation so no pc until further notice.

5 years ago

You were right. Somehow I had tiny star 0.16.0 and as the game didnt warn me that the mod was not up to date I assumed I had the latest version. Downloaded the 0.16.6 and the armour updates are now there. Thx a lot for the help!

New response