Texugo Wind Generator

Wind Generators produces free energy, but are expensive and don't have a steady output. This mods adds 3 tiers of Turbines, from small wood generators to massive steel turbines. Last Update 0.18.4 - Thank you very much Micromario for the great polish of the mod and adding compatibility to some mods.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 0.18
Power

i option to make it harder

3 years ago

hello
its very nice mod and ive been using it for quite long time and while its much better than other mods like this and you try balance it nicely it isnt still enough hard for me
imo when i compare it to solar production (including mk2 and mk3 bobs solars), your wind turbines are better in every aspect and they dont need accumulators at all (can just build more of them) so you can use only wind while solar needs oil tech for accumulators to be only energy provider.
You provided option to change power output but i can only increase it , if you could add option to decrease it that would be simplest solution
Better solution i think (and more realistic one) would be if power from wind could go down to 0, that way you need accumulators for it to work
and best solution imo (im not sure if that is possible tho) would be make it compatibile with https://mods.factorio.com/mod/WindSpeedChanging
tnx for your work, been really enjoying this mod anyway :)

3 years ago

Not hard Enough............ok.......
1 - Thanks for the compliments, i tried my best to make it balanced and somehow realistic while trying to make a bit hard, because.... its Free Energy...
2 - 2 years ago i implemented the setting to adjust the power, but never tested with decimal numbers... in my mind it was working....
You can quick fix this with by opening the mod archive and editing the file: >>settings.lua<< with notepad++, just change the Type from 'int-setting' to 'double-setting' , save and close. Now, u can change the value to decimal numbers, just tested with 0.1 and worked fine.
I will fix this when i update the mod, not sure when...
3 - Too Easy uhm?? try to generate a map with Max Water Size and Frequency, and max Enemies Size and Frequency.
Have Fun

3 years ago

tnx for fix guide :)

New response