Texugo Wind Generator

Wind Generators produces free energy, but are expensive and don't have a steady output. This mods adds 3 tiers of Turbines, from small wood generators to massive steel turbines. Last Update 0.18.4 - Thank you very much Micromario for the great polish of the mod and adding compatibility to some mods.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 0.18
Power

g Power dropping

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

The more Turbines I have, the less power I get? I'm watching their available performance as I add more turbines and its dropping. With 10 turbines I get barely 80MW, but with 5 I get the same output...I'll disable this mod till an explanation is entered. My base is running out of power, not good when 90% of my turrets are laser

5 years ago

"Wind Generators produces free energy, but are expensive and don't have a steady output."
its not a bug, if you keep watching the "temperature" of the turbines, you will notice that he oscillates with the time.
if you read the Item description of the turbines, they produce an AVERAGE of 66% of the maximum power output. It means the turbines can touch the 100% maximum output but can touch the 33% as well.
I have a base running 100% on these turbines that consumes 350 MW of energy, i have 100 huge turbines running and 50 huge accumulators (bio industries) that gives me 15 GJ of energy buffer. I can consume 600 MW for 1 min before accumulators go dry, works like a charm.

The current default of AVERAGE energy generation of the turbines are, 4000/400/40 KW

I can give you 2 tips/options:

1 - Build a energy buffer, like accumulators, to store the energy high peaks of the turbines and use when the turbines are low on "wind".
2 - If you think produces low amounts of energy, Change the settings in Mod Settings-> Startup -> wind strength.

I hope with this explanation you will enable once again my wonderful and nearly perfect mod, build some accumulators and be happy forever !!

5 years ago

Adding 100 accumulators seems to have solved the issue. Dunno how the turbines work...but it isn't like the steam generators, I'm guessing the turbines produce a set amount of power based on how much is actually being used.

5 years ago

Correcting myself.
It is a bug, but not in my side.
The energy bar displayed on the energy network its based on the maximum capacity of the steam generators, in other words, the full bar represents the steams at 100% capacity, consuming the max amount of steam at the max temperature.
Since my mod works exactly like steam generators but with a script to fill them with steam varying the temperature, this weird display happens. If you mix steam generated with normal boilers with nuclear boilers in a steam turbine, you will get the same weird display, because normal boilers produces 165ºC steam and nuclear boilers 500ºC.

5 years ago

And Thanks for the feedback.
I know that is possible to get around this problem, but it's out of my current skills.

New response