by Klonan

Adds Teleporters

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

b UI Bug. crashes server

4 years ago

4358.170 Error MainLoop.cpp:1195: Exception at tick 43188986: The mod Teleporters caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Teleporters::on_gui_click (ID 1)
Teleporters/script/teleporters.lua:70: attempt to index local 'param' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
Teleporters/script/teleporters.lua:70: in function 'make_rename_frame'
Teleporters/script/teleporters.lua:337: in function '?'
Teleporters/script/teleporters.lua:492: in function 'handler'
Teleporters/control.lua:38: in function <Teleporters/control.lua:36>
4358.189 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:92: MultiplayerManager failed: "The mod Teleporters caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Teleporters::on_gui_click (ID 1)
Teleporters/script/teleporters.lua:70: attempt to index local 'param' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
Teleporters/script/teleporters.lua:70: in function 'make_rename_frame'
Teleporters/script/teleporters.lua:337: in function '?'
Teleporters/script/teleporters.lua:492: in function 'handler'
Teleporters/control.lua:38: in function <Teleporters/control.lua:36>"

4 years ago

Hi,

Do you know how to reproduce the problem?
What did you do that made it show this error?

Can you provide a save game?

4 years ago

I already removed the mod, i can try to re-add and replicate. it seemed to occur when one person was modifying the name, and another person used it to teleport. the person attempting to rename the teleporter had the gui stuck on his screen, even if we deleted the pad that the gui was for, he could interact with other ones fine, but if he clicked on the ui at all aside to move it it crashed the server.

I'm going to try re-installing it and see if i can recreate the issue.

4 years ago

I will say after re-installing it, it would be nice if we could either set a hotkey to activate the teleport UI or have to right click the teleport to open it. i have a very fast movement speed which makes it hard to stop on it sometimes which might have been what caused the glitch, since i notice you force players to stay in that position until making a selection

New response